cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile reset

Simonleeuk
Grafter

IP profile reset

I was wondering how I go about getting IP Profile reset? Recently had an issue with constant drops in connection. Narrowed it down to the modem connected to my N66u fixed by getting a new Broadcom based modem however my broadband speed has dropped significantly now from a decent 4-5mb connection to 2mb, which I put down to change in ip profile due to the multiple disconnections. I've checked my line speed should be around 5mb however bt speed test 2.6mb. Appreciate any help Smiley
8 REPLIES 8
AndyT
Grafter

Re: IP profile reset

Hi Simonleeuk,
I've reset your line and your speeds should increase to around 5Mbps.  You may just need to disconnect and reconnect again, which is best done through the router interface.
Cheers
Simonleeuk
Grafter

Wow thank you for such an efficient response Smiley I have a bridged modem-router do I need to disconnect and reconnect both?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

You just need to drop your PPP connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Simonleeuk
Grafter

I have reset PPP connection. Does it take a bit of time for line to restabilise?  The line reset definitely has increased speed now up to 3.6 mb howver Ping is up and down 35-240
Simonleeuk
Grafter

Also the other interesting thing to note is on BT wholesale further diagnostics my ip profile is now set at 4.02mbps download with a download speed of 3.57mbps. Just checking back through previous line tests I did when line was normal ip profile was 5.33mbps download with download speed of 4.92mbps. Appreciate your help
Simonleeuk
Grafter

So certainly better but not back to normal yet
AndyT
Grafter

Hi,
The current sync rate is 5157kbps with an IP profile of 4549kbps, so I'd expect your throughput speed to be a bit higher than what you recorded last night.  I can see 6 disconnections yesterday evening though, do you know whether you will have caused these disconnections yourself whilst testing?  If not, they may indicate an issue on your line.
Simonleeuk
Grafter

Yes the disconnections were while testing trying to eliminate things at my end such as plugging into test socket and via ethernet to modem only as speed was still a little inconsistent