cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile reset (yet again)

Ratbert
Dabbler

IP profile reset (yet again)

Sadly I made the monumentally stupid mistake of unplugging my modem for the first time in several months.

I always leave it plugged in an on, because every time it is turned off Plusnet do something stupid to my IP profile.

Guess, what, I now have 4544 sync (as expected, yet capped for some reason, again), but a profile of 2.3Mb after one bad sync (the 2.3Mb didn't kick in for several hours and a number of PPPoE sessions) 

Could someone please reset it once again, I really get fed up of this getting stuck constantly. I've given up with support after 40 mins on hold and the *Plusnet* IP profile being a mystery to them.

Please don't turn interleaving on, the line is fine, nearly all the time and I don't want a follow up after that also gets *fixed* once again.

I apologise for the tone, but I get truly fed up of doing this once or twice a year and getting nowhere as usual.

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP profile reset (yet again)

Hi there, 

I can see that we found a fault on your line and as we're not your provider you would need to contact them to raise the matter. 

Please mention that it's a "battery contact fault" when you do. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ratbert
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

There is nothing wrong with the line, the test is wrong.

The sync speed is normal, as are attenuation and snr.

My problem is this: 

Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.

Current line speed:2.3 Mb

My plusnet IP profile is 2.3Mb, while my BT IP profile is 4Mb

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Why do you think a line test would be wrong?

I ran the same test and saw the same result. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ratbert
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

The line stats have remained consistent for the last few years.

Currently the Sync speed is 4544 (banded) / 952

SNR is 5.9 / 12

Attenuation 49 / 29.

This is all the same as it was. There was one bad sync with the modem hanging from it's wires out of my network cabinet.

My only problem with the line at the moment is that it's capped to 2.3Mb by the plusnet profile that hasn't updated after the faster sync!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Ratbert

I have run a test on your broadband and we can see that there is a speed of 4.5Mbps travelling down your line. Further more to this the test, it has also highlighted  a fault on the line within your local network which would require a phone engineer to resolve.

As we are not your current phone provider your will have to raise it with them, and once they have resolved the fault, the speed you will receive will improve. I have attached the results below.

xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 29.0 49.0
SNR Margin: 7.5 9.1
Errored Seconds: 7 3
HEC Errors: 5  
Cell Count: 409637 649621
Speed: 955 4544

Problem Explanation: [NF03] The Copper Line test has failed. MFL :- (LN)
Resolution/Recommendation: BTW cannot progress this fault as the root cause is the PSTN failure. Please report to your Copper Line Service Provider.

Please let us know how you get on. Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Ratbert
Dabbler

ARGH!

The line speed is NORMAL

My *PLUSNET* PROFILE is *STUCK* on 2.3Mb

Can someone please FIX MY PLUSNET IP PROFILE THAT IS STUCK!!!!!!!!!!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Ratbert, checking your account and connection today we received an automatic change our side that reflects the current sync speed you have and adjusted your IP profile accordingly. If you then reboot your router you should see the speed increase your side with the new IP profile. The vast majority of our customer base aren't effected by IP profiles anymore however given you have a static IP this would effect the speeds. Apologies for any colleague previously when contacting us that may have overlooked this as it's a rather niche issue that comes up and I'd recommend if you notice IP profile issues down the line to mention it's due to your static IP so we can see this and hopefully resolve sooner.

Ultimately, the IP profile changes to reflect the current sync speed and that being said the issues we've picked up on your line will more than likely be causing the lower sync speeds at times and be the route cause of the IP profile changes. We'd recommend to contact your phone provider in order to investigate the line fault and get that resolved in order to help prevent any future IP profile issues.

Kind regards,
Ben