Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile reset request

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

IP profile reset request

My line has settled to 3.8Mbps after a fault repair two weeks ago, with a BT IP profile of 3.4Mbps; Plusnet is still at 1.3Mbps from 24 August. I would appreciate a Plusnet profile upgrade.
Thanks
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: IP profile reset request

Hi Peegee,
I have responded to your other <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107713.0.html">thread</a> regarding this and I have also updated your ticket.
Chris
PeeGee
Pro

Thanks for adjusting the profile, Chris.
Regarding the "tick", it is regular at 30min intervals (plus a drift of a few seconds), so unlikely to be a recurring random event. For example, today the sequence was at 28 and 58 min past the hour until a phone call at 13:44 then at 15 and 45 from 13:45. Checking that on RouterStats reminds me that incoming calls also cause a similar sized blip as well as resetting the interval Embarrassed
What I may not have made clear is that this all occurs (including the incoming call blip) with the router connected to a dongle filter plugged into the test socket and nothing else connected - no extension wiring, no phones. Also, the nearest power to the master socket is the ceiling light/light switch and a door bell transformer at ceiling level; the nearest power socket/cable is more than 2m away (the floor above!), so any power interference is probably via the router power supply. All electrical equipment in regular use is at least 5m from the master socket and mostly in standby/off overnight. Perhaps there is still a joint problem somewhere in the 4.5km of line.
Regarding your list, I'll have to think about it but nothing springs to mind; there is a major power user within 100m, but I don't think the MRI and CAT scanners etc will have that effect Roll_eyes
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: PeeGee
Checking that on RouterStats reminds me that incoming calls also cause a similar sized blip as well as resetting the interval Embarrassed

I'm not sure where I'm going with this question but do you still get a blip in response to a 'silent' incoming call if you have no telephone connected?
PeeGee
Pro

ReedRichards,
Reply in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107713.0.html