Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile reset pls

mahoon
Dabbler

IP profile reset pls

Hello.
Been with plusnet for about a year now - all going fine. Had a line fault recently which took a few days to sort out (engineer visit etc). Problem now fixed but my line speed has dropped from 10-13Mb to 6-7Mb. BT Wholesale speed tests tell me this is what I should expect from the line (it's long to the exchange) and that's fine, but I wondered if I could ever go back to those halcyon days of 10-13Mb? Perhaps a line IP Profile reset would help?
regards
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP profile reset pls

Hi mahoon,
I've just run some diagnostics for you which shows that our speed profile is in line with the IP profile at the moment. The SNR (signal to noise ratio) is 3.1 on the downstream so it doesn't look like a reset would help.
If you have one can you try connecting the router to the test socket so I can run some tests with it connected there?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mahoon
Dabbler

I have an ADSL V1 faceplate which I removed to expose the test socket - which the router connector (http://www.pc24uk.com/ebay/img/RJ11-30M.JPG) doesn't seem to fit in. Am I missing something obvious?
buseng12
Grafter

mahoon
Dabbler

Of course. Hope I've still got one around...
mahoon
Dabbler

Plugged directly into test socket now (so is the phone via the filter - plusnet will have to let me know a vague time they're going to be testing the line if they want the phone unplugged as I don't think my wife will be too pleased if she can't use the phone for an extended period).
mahoon
Dabbler

bump
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Forum rule Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mahoon
Dabbler

Been connected directly to the test socket for several days now. Any further tests happening?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi mahoon,
I've just tested the line again and see no difference (assuming the router is still connected in the test socket).
With that in mind I'd have to advise raising a fault: http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mahoon
Dabbler

Ok Adam, thanks for checking for me.