cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile question

noddy8
Grafter

IP profile question

Hi I tried asking this once before and the question got side tracked with no explanation , when I was with BT if the IP profile increased it would show straight away in the speed test,( infact that used to be how I knew it had been increased ) but now the speed remains at the lower IP Profile until I reboot the router regardless of the type of router used so whats changed ? is it an exchange fault ?

7 REPLIES 7
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: IP profile question

What has changed?

You are now using Plusnet's networks which operate differently to BT Retail. It is a feature of Plusnet Smiley

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
noddy8
Grafter

why is that called a feature ? not getting a speed increase with out going on whole sale to check IP then having to re sync I think it's not A FEATURE they use in their marketing 

noddy8
Grafter

my next thought how many people don't know about checking their IP profile so don't know to re sync , so finish up with a slow connection than they need to ?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The system used to automatically disconnect and reconnect you for the new profile to take effect. Rebooting the router is not necessary, all it needs is to disconnect and reconnect the PPP connection.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@noddy8

I would say that most customers don't know anything about how their service should work and how it actually does. I'm frequently amazed reading that people have put up with really bad service because they thought it was "just like that".

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
noddy8
Grafter

@ejs

but it seems ( or a least in my case ) for the customer to do this Angry

noddy8
Grafter

been a week since I started asking this question and still had no explanation from Plusnet , and they're usually so helpful Smiley