Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile dropped

Finnigan
Grafter

IP profile dropped

Hi there
              Tonight i have noticed my ip profile has dropped from 7.1mb to 6.5mb and the internet is slow as treacle anyone here tell me why???? as iam at a loss,issues in online gaming server not responding etc to slow browsing, I have already submitted a BT wholesale speed test, Router iam using is a tecnicolor adsl router not FTTC
Thanks in advance Finnigan
80 REPLIES 80
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: IP profile dropped

It looks like you may have had interleaving turned on. If you are on ADSL Max (Up to 8Mb down) then interleaving would increase your ping noticeably. Your router stats would be useful.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I've just been running some checks and cant see any obvious issues. I'm a bit concerned about what you mentioned about gaming issues and slow browsing as the difference between 7.1mb to 6.5mb shouldn't in my opinion show such a significant change in the behaviour of your connection.  
I'm just wondering if there's any other issues at play here are you connected using WiFi at the moment? Can you run another BT speed test over ethernet in case you are?
By the way if that's not the case and you want us to try removing interleaving let me know and I can get that done for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi adam and jaggies
                                        I use a cat5 cable direct to master socket always have since moving to this house 2 years ago,so how come interleaving is turned back on when its been off for so long as i requested it turned off weeks ago ,my stat on the router have been solid for 3 weeks no disconnects errors/second are a bit high though and iam using plusnets router,i was using my own router something went wrong with it and i had to send it back to d-link we had a powercut yesterday but i wouldnt think that would be the cause of interleaving being turned back on on my line???????iam at a loss here i will add a btw screenshot once i do one this morning....Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi Adam
                Here is the screenshot from BTWholesale this morning also can you tell me why iterleaving was turned back on on my line???I had this same issue last year asked for interleaving to be turned off on my line a week or 2 later its back on with no reason why and Yes i would like it turned off Please as iam a gamer.....Thanks again Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there
              took a screenshot of my router stats as jaggies asked me to do ill add it with this reply, BTW ive had interleaving turned on before but it did not decrease my IP profile any reason why this has happend???? .........Finnigan
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi
      This just gets better and better now the BTWholesale speed tester is unable to run a speed test on my line, WHAT on earth is going on with this connection screenshot added with this reply.....Finnigan
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

That's ADSL Max (up to 8Mb) so not quite full speed. Is ADSL 2+ available at your exchange? What does Sam Knows say is available?
thesawdust
Grafter

you are connected at 7.8mb it seems
I'm a gamer, but maybe ask PlusNET to lift upload cap too when they turn interleaving off  Roll_eyes
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

If it's ADSL Max the upload uncap has a cost implication.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi there
              Is anyone from plusnet going to have a look at this for me as iam still confused about profile drop and ping increase for no reason as it seems interleaving is back on the line and i dont know why????....Finnigan
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Probably not before Monday now. The Digital Care Team who monitor the forums generally work Monday - Friday 09:00-17:30, although sometimes in the evenings and at weekends there may be a head raised above the parapet.
This is not an official support channel, so you may need to do the on-line fault checks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can't see any reason why interleaving has been turned on, I can see we've just placed an order to turn interleaving off for you which will complete tomorrow.
Finnigan
Grafter

Hi chris
                thanks for getting back to me yes i phoned this morning about the issue of interleaving but the profile drop is the confusing issue as why it happend as i have no other issues at all
as i stated to one of your support staff this morning over the phone and he said theres no reason why the ip profile has been changed as i have had no connection issues at all till until friday morning, He also stated that an ip profile reset might be in order aswell so fingers cross it all pans out, Could you or another menber let me know what caused this issue......Thanks in advance...Finnigan
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Can't see any obvious issue at all, the interleaving has been turned on by the DLM but this has not been turned to off, this means the DLM will not be able to turn it back on.