cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile dropped to 0.14Mbps

RichardWest
Grafter

Re: IP profile dropped to 0.14Mbps

Thanks Spencer, thanks Chris.I'll leave everything as is for a day or two then move the modem back to where it was and keep my fingers crossed that everything stays good. I'll update this thread to keep all informed.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Aside these problems, I think we should be getting you moved over onto 21CN to get some improvement on your speeds. We can also uncap the upload speeds for you too which should be of some use to you. Smiley
RichardWest
Grafter

That sounds good Chris, I didn't think my exchange had been updated yet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your exchange is due to be ADSL2+ enabled by the 31st December 2012, you can check this at <a href="http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome/">broadband checker</a> and this will show you the date and speed increase you should expect, your speed estimate is 17MB/s download speed Smiley
This is a free upgrade that will automatically change as part of the bulk order that will transfer you from ADSL to ADSL2+.
RichardWest
Grafter

Yes I thought December was the due date. Is Chris Pettitt getting a bit ahead or is 21CN different to ADSL2+? All these different terms get me a bit confused  Embarrassed
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

21CN is a technology that will allow ADSL2+ to work from that exchange, you can still have ADSL1 on 21CN, so if your exchange is 21CN enabled then you won't automatically have ADSL2+, it depends on your line, if your speed is below a threshold, normally 4MB/s then it would not make any difference in upgrading to ADSL2+, although this can still be done but possibly no benefits will be seen.
Your line will be fine for ADSL2+ and your router is also compatible.
Hope this clarify's it for you.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry that was my mistake. It still stands though, when you do get moved over when your exchange becomes enabled we can look at improving your upload speeds from what they are now.
RichardWest
Grafter

Thanks Chris & Chris, Understood.
RichardWest
Grafter

Just a quick update on this.
Moved my modem back to original position yesterday, so far everything looks OK, so hopefully it will stay that way.
Thanks again for everybody's help.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cheers for the update, Good to know how your getting on. You line is very stable at the moment.
Let me know if anything changes(fingers crossed is doesn't):)
RichardWest
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Sorry that was my mistake. It still stands though, when you do get moved over when your exchange becomes enabled we can look at improving your upload speeds from what they are now.

Hi all,
My exchange seems to have been upgraded now as I am getting download speeds of around 20Mb/s. Is it possible to up my upload speeds?
Thanks,
Richard.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Richard,
Yep, no problem, I've placed an order for your upload speeds to be uncapped. This order should complete on either Monday or Tuesday next week.
I'll pop a ticket on your account with all the relevant information to this regard. Smiley
RichardWest
Grafter

Thanks a lot Chis, prompt action from Plusnet as usual. Very happy I changed to Plusnet.
RichardWest
Grafter

Uploads going like a train now,. Thanks guys. Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent, just what I wanted to hear Cheesy
Enjoy!