cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile 0.14Mbps on 8Mbps line

necropaloid

IP profile 0.14Mbps on 8Mbps line

Internet crazy slow, pages rarely load or timeout before they finish doing so, unusable.
Have already called support and they said that my IP profile was very very low and they would reset it, however nothing has changed in the 6 hours since they did.
Too slow to even properly load or run the btwholesale speedtest most of the time but on occasion it will work, here is my latest result:
Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.13 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7.9 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.14 Mbps
Can someone please fix this?
9 REPLIES 9
necropaloid

Re: IP profile 0.14Mbps on 8Mbps line

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0.13 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.13 Mbps
Additional Information:

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your Broadband Service Provider.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your Broadband Service Provider for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.
necropaloid

Anyone? Took someone all of 2 minutes to reply and fix this same problem for someone else yesterday, yet i am still suffering with broadband slower than a quarter of the speed of a 56k modem and have been now for two days? Of course that was after spending 45 minutes of the phone yesterday to get through to support, then being told it was fixed, which it is plainly not. This is literally a click of a button fix for someone and yet somehow far too much effort...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unfortunately as you are on 20CN it isn't a click of the button fix
A line reset may just fix it but if the BT Database has got itself in a mess it could be more difficult
While I appreciate your frustration and you just want it sorting do you have any idea what caused the very low sync speed blip which dropped the IP profile in the first place
necropaloid

Quote from: Oldjim
Unfortunately as you are on 20CN it isn't a click of the button fix
A line reset may just fix it but if the BT Database has got itself in a mess it could be more difficult
While I appreciate your frustration and you just want it sorting do you have any idea what caused the very low sync speed blip which dropped the IP profile in the first place

Hi, thanks for your response. On the phone yesterday tech support said they had reset the IP profile, they did this mid cnversation. This has happened before when i was with BT and after countless phone calls the moment someone actually did what i was asking them to do the line was fixed too. Hence why i understand it to be a simple process.
As for what happened i'm assuming the master socket faceplate failed but it happened while i was away from home so i can't be sure. Removing the faceplate and plugging direct into test socket has made it possible to connect again albeit with an incredibly flaky connection which will sometimes load a page, other times just time out mid way. Have just managed to run the BTW speedtest again:
1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download  Speed
0.13 Mbps

0 Mbps 0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.13 Mbps
Additional Information:
necropaloid

now a 1hr queue on phone to support... Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and at present - I just checked - no support staff on here  Sad
necropaloid

Ah, ok... thanks. I thought you may have been support but i see not. I'm just trying a multi pronged attack in attempt to get this fixed as soon as poss. Sometimes you need to shout to make yourself heard.
necropaloid

... and after the 50 minute wait to get in touch with support along with their admission that the IP Profile change yesterday didn't in fact take effect (obvious to me) i have now been asked to have faith that it has now been fixed despite the BTW test site still insisting my Profile is 0.14... the all important difference from yesterday being that i should reboot the router in 4 hours time. I almost can't wait...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see that this should now be sorted, sorry for any issues you had.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.