cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address for Plusnet

corsairxf4u

IP address for Plusnet

Hello ,  on Windows 10 my PC crashed .recovered most of MS settings but on ethernet limited connection . Need IP address. can some learned user help with Internet Options configuration inc. Homepage internet address ,LAN settings also Network Connection page . Have signal on my lap-top and No2 PC ..  Tried " ipconfig/release " no go .  Also off topic , both firewalls have probs for me to solve before going online .Bullguard did not detect AV or malware .  Any ideas from you bright people out there ?  Thanks R
1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: IP address for Plusnet

Hi Corsairxf4u,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Given what you have written, I suggest that the thread's title is somewhat misleading - you do not need an IP address for PlusNet, rather you need to know how to sort out your PC connectivity.
Would I be correct that reference to "Ethernet limited connection" is from the PC's network connection status?
Is the PC connected to the router using a cable or is it wifi?
Can you do  run ipconfig /all and report the values highlighted below...
  Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
  DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
  Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
  Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :
  IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.71(Preferred)
  Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
  Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 29 September 2015 20:50:49
  Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 11 October 2015 13:23:13
  Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
  DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
  DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 311446757
  DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . :
  DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
  NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

If it shows DHCP is enabled and there is not a 192.168.x.x address then that suggests a problem with the router or your connection to it.
If you are using a PlusNet router, then which one?
If you are connected to the router and you are using a PlusNet router, use one of the links below to obtain the line stats - then post back here please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.