Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

IP Profile

A reboot of the router a few days ago gave me a sync of 2048kbps, but for some reason the BT profile (and hence the Plusnet one) is only 1.5Mbps, where I would have expected it to be 1.75Mbps. I'm still on ADSL1 so not expecting the 88.2% profile, but I can't understand why the BT profile wasn't assigned to be 1.75. It's been over 72 hours since the reboot.
I like to squeeze as much as I can out of my broadband connection, I know I could get more than 10 times the speed on fibre. But for what I use it for it's just not worth paying the extra £10 a month.
Any suggestions?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
2 REPLIES 2
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: IP Profile

Hi maranello,
It does appear that your IP profile has not yet updated as expected.  Any sync rate between 2012kbps and 2240kbps should be assigned an IP profile of 1750kbps.  It can take up to 120 hours connected for a change to go through.  I would recommend allowing a further 24 hours and then power cycling your modem/router to prompt the bRAS profile change.  Hopefully your sync rate will remain in the range applicable for the 1750kbps IP profile once the re-sync is complete.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: IP Profile

Thanks for the advice, Alex
I'll probably try a reboot when the downstream SNR is above 6dB. This has in the past pushed my speed up to 2296kbps and a 2M profile, but this is a rare occurrence which is not easy to maintain.
What would be ideal is a fibre connection which is rate limited to give me a fully stable and reliable 'up to 8M' connection, but at no extra cost Wink
My other car isn't a Ferrari