cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

pnf
Grafter

IP Profile

The IP Profile for my line as determined by the BT Speedtester is 7000 kbps but when checking the ‘Connections Settings’ in the Member Centre it indicates that my current broadband speed is 6500 kbps.  My sync speed is 8096 kbps and has been for some time, at least nine days now and probably more.  I believe that the speed indicated in the Member Centre should sync with my IP Profile at the exchange and should therefore be set at 7000 kbps; however it has been stuck on 6500 kbps for some time now.  Is it possible for someone to set the speed to its correct setting on your network? 
BT Speedtester results:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
    IP profile for your line is - 7000 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5865 kbps

From Member Centre / Connection Settings / High-Speed Broadband page:
Your High-speed Broadband Service
Your current broadband speed is 6500 Kbps
(My Question ID:  23300120 also refers to this.)
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: IP Profile

Hi there,
For some reason Actuate is showing your IP Profile as 6500Kbps rather than 7000Kbps, hence the responses you were given, although I appreciate that they were not very clear.
I've changed the profiling at our end, but I wouldn't neccessarily expect you to see much of a difference.  You'll need to reboot for the changes to take affect.
pnf
Grafter

Re: IP Profile

Thanks James for your amazingly quick and helpful response.
I agree that it probably won't make a dramatic difference but every little helps.