cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

macowens
Grafter

IP Profile

Firstly, the good news is that I appear to have kept my IP address - Thanks for that
I am a bit concerned about my download speed (my upload speed is a bit low but I am happy to let it sort itself out)
Just moved to unlimited fibre this morning, engineer plugged his gizmo in and told me (despite having no estimate provided to him) I was getting 80/20
So I do a few speedtests and I am showing 14/14. Do some investigation and I see that I should leave it 24 hours
But, I have always been a bit concerned about my speed. When I returned to plusnet a few year ago there was some sort of hiccup where I was placed on an upto 8Mb service when I should have been on a 16/20/24Mb service. It took a few days and a few phone calls to get that sorted out - but - looking now at my Estimated line speed, I see 8Mb (This may vary between 5.5Mb and 12.5Mb) - Checked on 2012-12-21 13:36:45. I typically have been getting 12-13Mb. I THINK that the 8Mb is incorrect for the service I have been on, I am concerned that there is a hidden setting on my account that could potentially be affecting my speed.
Is that the case?

While I am typing, is there any chance my Force9 account referrals could be transferred over to my PlusNet account - it sems daft to have to keep an old unused F9 account just for referrals when I have an active PN account!
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Method0ne
Grafter

Re: IP Profile

Sounds like a slightly sticky profile, I'm sure someone will give it a nudge shortly.
Estragon
Rising Star

If you run the BT Performance Test, then at the end take the diagnostic option at the bottom of the results, please can you copy and paste what's in the text boxes giving the results from that.
Whatever you've read about leaving it for 24 hours is wrong.
macowens
Grafter

I have run the BT Performance test a few times here are the result

Download Speed (Mbps): 14:20
Upload Speed (Mbps)  : 13.19
Ping Latency(ms)    : 40.13

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 14.2 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 13.19 Mbps
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Bit concerned about the error!
macowens
Grafter

Anyone from PlusNet care to comment?
The BT Perfomance test is slightly different now - see attached screenshot
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi macowens,
Re the referrals I've just moved those over for you to the new account.
With regards to speeds, I've spotted an error on this side. I've fixed that so you should see some improvement now.
Sorry for any confusion, looks like I need to pass on some feedback to someone Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
macowens
Grafter

Hi
I didn't think anyone was going to reply so I phoned in, Stuart [mremoved] dealt with my call. I am getting 74/16 now - excellent! It's a bit perplexing when the new cabinet is straight across the street from my house and I am staring at it!
On Stuarts advice I raised a ticket on my F9 account to have the referrals switched over so you can close that now.
Thanks
jim:csa