cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

jingo11

IP Profile

Why will my ip profile stuck at .25 mb even after been connectrd for 4 days the problems started after the exchange upgraded a few months ago
My old router a voyager 2100 started  to lose its connection shortly after this knowing it did not support adsl2 i replaced it with a netgear n300 which seem to solve the
problem till about 10 days ago when it stated with the same problem  dropping its connection  i did all the normal things run it through master socket changed filter and lead but nothing changed still a lot of noise on line when i checked with a old corded handset checked if anything was causing interference everthing okay
This is a problem i have had a number of times line gets noisey for a few days then seems to be okay and my speed picks up however this time it seems to be stuck at .25mb despite hadving a connection as shown below
System Up Time 4 days 12:37:07 36:28  
LAN1  Link Down  --  --  --  --  --  --  
Port  Status  TxPkts  RxPkts  Collisions  Tx B/s  Rx B/s  Up Time  
WAN  pppoa  11071498  12932788  0  6130  8339  4 days 12:LAN2  Link Down  --  
LAN3  Link Down  --  
LAN4  Link Down  --  
WLAN 145M 13204333 11417426 0 91590 66602 10:57:34

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 283 kbps 440 kbps
Line Attenuation 28.0 db 14.7 db
Noise Margin 24.0 db 22.3 db
jim:blue All caps in title changed mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: IP Profile

Forget the IP profile your problem is your sync speed
Line Attenuation 28.0 db 14.7 db
Noise Margin 24.0 db 22.3 db

Please can you do the following
Check that all things connected to the phone line are connected via a filter including a Sky Box if you have one
If you have an NTE master socket - remove the lower half and plug the router via a filter with nothing else connected and report the stats.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If your line gets noisy - by which I assume you mean you can hear crackling noises when you use the phone, then this will be the problem.
You need to report it to your line rental provider as a phone fault, having your corded phone in the test socket at the time would be ideal, because you can the state that. Also advise it's intermittent - don't mention the broadband or you'll get the run around. (cr*p line =cr*p broadband).
jingo11

These are the stats running off master socket with  only the router connected and filtered
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Line Attenuation 28.0 db 14.4 db
Noise Margin 25.1 db 31.5 db
about the same as before
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well those stats are similar to the first ones you posted and are terrible, only the Noise Margin has changed slightly.
Is that in the Test socket that JIm has indicated? See here for further information.
If you don't have an NTE5, do you have any fixed extensions sockets, do you use any extension leads and is anything else that's normally plugged in connected via filters?
If the modem/router is still in the same socket as it was when you posted the first stats and you haven't got the NTE5, then reboot the modem/router and immediately post some new stats.
jingo11

yes it's in the master socket will try it with again with only the router powered up to make sure theres
nothing causing interference
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Bear in mind, if it still isn't good in the master socket with no phone and you don't hear any noise on the line (crackles, pops etc as Anotherone mentions above) with just a phone in the master socket then you'd need to raise it to us as a fault via http://faults.plus.net so we can get it escalated and sorted for you.
If you do hear noise on the line you'll need to report this to your phone provider (whoever you pay your line rental to) as once this is sorted out you should find the broadband connection improves - though don't mention the broadband at all when you're reporting the noise to the phone provider or they'll refer you back to us, and there's nothing we can do to sort that.