cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

Vega
Rising Star

IP Profile

After having a fault with my old router my IP profile has slowly decreased over time and is now set to 3000 (It used to be 8000)
I have now purchased a new Router and all is fine with no more disconnects and <500bps line speeds. The thing I want to know is, will my Profile increase over time?
Attached are the results of a BT speed test, my line speed is pretty much at the top end of my profile speed. Or is this fairly normal and I shouldnt expect any increase?
Cheers
Matt
5 REPLIES 5
mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: IP Profile

Without knowing your current sync rate theres no way of knowing. Post some router stats and some one will help you out. What we really need is your downstream sync (sometimes called bandwidth) and should look something like this:
Uptime: 2 days, 23:25:52
Modulation: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 444 / 6,681
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 290.84 / 3.97
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 25.5 / 45.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 24.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 120 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 3,898,562
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 5,208
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 4,736
If your sync rate is below 8,000 try restarting your router in OFF peak hours (early morning or after 12:00am) and see if it reconnects higher. If its 8,000 or above then yes, your speed will increase within 5 days, actual time depending on the % increase of your sync.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Vega,
I have made some changes to your account as the profiles were inconsistent. I will check if they have taken effect shortly but I think this is definitely what was causing the issue.
Jojo Smiley
Vega
Rising Star

Thanks Jojo
Router sync'd at 8279 now  Smiley
Ping rates much improved too, line speeds (as shown below) still not much above 2.5Mbs but am I right in thinking I have to wait for BT to update something first?

Matt
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Vega,
Yes, the profile on the BT side will need to lift. The sync is now 7800 which has dropped a little due to the SNR going up a bit. You've had 2 disconnects since I did it and it's showing some errors so I'll have to monitor it throughout the day. I'll keep you informed though.
Jojo Smiley
Vega
Rising Star

Yes I noticed the drop. Must admit I thought these sync speeds were a little optimistic. I am after all about 3 miles from the exchange as the crow flies.
Thanks JoJo, you're a star. The service you give on here is second to none!  Smiley
Matt