cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile reset

mushy
Grafter

IP Profile reset

Can i get the BT and possibly PN IP Profile reset, it dropped last weekend in the bad weather as the power went off, i thought it migh have recovered itself but it hasn't come back up.
Thanks
Steve
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP Profile reset

Hi there,
It's not as simple as that with fibre unfortunately. The profile on this side seems to be appropriate to that you've been connecting at in the past so what speeds are you seeing at the moment?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mushy
Grafter

Hi Adam
The BT profile has dropped about 6Mbps, i remember it being about 34Mbps last week on the BT speedtest until we had a power cut and now its dropped to 28Mbps, doing speedtest reflects the drop in line with that being down around 5 Mbps
Profile shown on post 3 on http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,109353.msg935821.html#msg935821 but that speed was taken with wireless and has been over 30Mbps on a wired link and the IP profile is showing as 33.88mbps.
Steve
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mushy,
Your speeds have dropped lower, I'd suggest trying a soft disconnect by logging into the router and clicking disconnect, then power down your router and modem. Leave powered off for a few minutes then turn your modem back on and wait for the DSL light to become stable, you'll then need to login to your router and click connect.
See if there is any difference with your speeds then, your BT profile is still set to allow speeds of upto 35MB/s.
mushy
Grafter

Hi Chris
I will give that a try in the morning when im not interupting anyone and let you know how it has gone.
The BT IP Profile is only showing 28.33Mbps at present since it dropped though i had been getting speedtests of over 33Mbps on a regular basis and it was over 36Mbps when i first moved over to fibre whereas i only just manage 27Mbps this last week since the profile dropped.
Thanks for the help.
Steve
mushy
Grafter

Hi Chris
I did a soft reset this morning and the BT IP Profile dropped further from 28.33Mbps to 28.1Mbps now, speedtests also dropped from 27.xx to 26.xx after being up for the best part of 4 days without a disconnection until the soft disconnect and power off. It only seemd to drop last weekend because of power cut with the weather and not with issues on the line as far as i know.
I dont know where you are getting the 35Mbps from BT is coming from as that is not what the profile shows when doing the speedtest as shown below.
Just hope it isn't going to drop every time there is a disconnected for what ever reason as it has done with this soft disconnect. Let me kjow if you can see anything or advice why it dropped further on the soft disconnect this morning.
Cheers, Steve
mushy
Grafter

Hi Guys
Has anyone looked into this yet, as mentioned after the soft reset it went down again and i was constantly getting speedtests over 33mbps untill the power cut so assume both BT and PN profiles well originally above 35mbps,  otherwise the connection has been stable and haven't noticed any issues at all.
BT now 28.1
PN now 32.2
Thanks
steve
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can we address the likely root cause of your problem
Please post the stats from your router - noise margin, speed and attenuation
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Unless he's hacked the modem he can't get the stats!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mushy
Grafter

Just on Plusnet 582n router and new version of ECI modem so not sure i can get any stats, i thought it might have come back up on its own once the connection had been stable a few days but guess the fibre connection works differently.
As far as i know it droped with a power cut during the weekend of bad weather and again slightly when doing the soft reset that was requested, apart from that i think the line has been very stable with no issues.
Before i was getting in excess of 33mbps and topped out at 36mbps once but now 26mbps.
mushy
Grafter

Hi Guys
Since i have had no repsonse lately on this i have opened a ticket on 63082490
Dropping the profile from 35 down to 28 is a loss of 20% so hoping i can get it reset as the line is stable and been up for 5 days since the requested soft reset on saturday and the only issue started with power failure and not a line problem.