Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile reset

kvasir
Dabbler

IP Profile reset

Hi,

We are at the end of having wiring work done on our house, and have just connected a new modem (Billion 8800). The the frequent drops in recent weeks have seen the dynamic management substantially reduce our speed.

These should now be over, so can you please reset our IP profile.......

Thanks in anticipation!

10 REPLIES 10
kvasir
Dabbler

Re: IP Profile reset

No replies? I thought the Plusnet staff monitored this?

Have just spent an hour on the phone waiting to speak to someone! Where are all the staff?

Apologies if this seems prematurely grumpy. If you check my posting history you'll see the long history of problems we've had with Plusnet. Only made progress last time when the CEO got personally involved!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Crawf,

The staff do.

You posted late on Friday and at the moment there are staffing issues due to weather - see here https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Changes-to-weekend-opening-times-Residential-only/td-p/...

Surely you'd agree that a working service, requiring a tweak, is not of the same urgency as someone having no internet connectivity at all and this issue is not of the ilk of your previous issues caused by BT Openreach.

Someone from the staff team is working the forums today, so this might get picked up later.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kvasir
Dabbler

Hi,

Can't check the timestamp on my post - seems the forum doesn't have them?

For £50 a month and 2 hours on the phone - i have tried again since my earlier post - i would think it is good to be able to hear from someone. Even then, i recognise that the appalling experiences i have had in the past senitised me.

Still, i don't think it is tweaking when you live in one of the tiny number of areas without Fibre, or even a plan for Fibre, left in the UK and are struggling to keep your work viable. And believe me, being a rural business-owner i know quite a bit about the challenges of weather!

Bring on the 2020 USO!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If this is a business account, then you ought to have seen a much faster response by using the business board / phoning the business help line.

As for time stamps, do you not see this...

Capture Timestamp.JPG

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Timestamps appearance can vary depending on user settings but hovering the mouse over the date/time should show the absolute posting time.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@kvasir Can you PM me the username ?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kvasir
Dabbler

PM sent - hope you're working today, or that one of your colleagues can follow this up!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the PM.

I've just reset the line for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kvasir
Dabbler

Thanks! Will keep an eye on it now!!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Let us know how you get on!

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team