cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile problem after phone line problem

baldheadedman

IP Profile problem after phone line problem

HI,

I was having problems with my connection dropping out which turned out to be an issue with the phone line (ticket 99341592) which has been closed. The line is working and the internet connection is stable.

The internet connection however since it has been fixed has been really slow, about 256kb which is barely useable.

I had read somewhere on your website that a BT line will reset the profile automatically after 3 days, I waited 4 days after I knew the line was working again and it did not change so I opened another ticket which is currently still open (
The last comment on the ticket is from Monday 23rd    “Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.”
Can you tell me what is currently the status of the problem or if you can do something with the profile.
I appreciate that things don’t  happen immediately as the problem works its way round the correct departments but I would like to know what is happening and if I can do anything at my end to help.
I do not mind waiting for problems to be fixed if there is an approximate date for resolution or if there is communication about the nature of the problem, but the ticket seems to have fallen into a communications black hole.
The reason I've posted in here is to see if anything can be done to reset the profile if that is the problem. Apart from a significant other desperate to watch `Better Call Saul`and the kid moaning about Facebook being to slow to use his PlayStation wants to download an update before it will continue and over a 256kb connection it is just not happening. A household meltdown is imminent.
I have gathered together as much information as I can hoping it will help:
text from member centre speedtest.
Estimated line speed:
17Mb (This may vary between 10Mb and 19.5Mb) - Checked on 2014-12-15 19:10:27
Current line speed:
0.2 Mb

BT BROADBAND IP Profile results from tonight are in the picture at the imgbox link but basically O.25Mbps
I have upload the picture as an attachment or if it hasn't uploaded properly it can be viewed at
http://imgbox.com/BsyxYYum

Link Information from router page:

Uptime: 0 days, 7:00:35

DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.276 / 283

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 19,59 / 135,05

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,6 / 0,0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 13,2 / 22,5

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5,0 / 29,6

System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----

Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): -

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1 / 3

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 4.394

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 31 / 6

HEC Errors (Up/Down): 30 / 10

Any help you can give to help with this and maybe restore some sort of family harmony would be gratefully received, or if not can you tell me what is going on and any projected fixed by date.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: IP Profile problem after phone line problem

Hi BHM,
Welcome to the forums.  Thank you for providing all of the required information in your first post.
It is very evident that your DS SNRM is stuck, rather than 29dB it should be around 6dB.  It looks like manual intervention is required.  Hopefully one if PlusNET's CRT guys will pick this up and action it for you soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that your speeds are still low.
The speed was restricted due to the phone issue but as that's now sorted I've pushed through a reset for you.
If you check your speeds later they should have increased.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
baldheadedman

Wow, now that was a quick resolution!
Thanks Townman for the info and thanks Matthew for sorting that out so quickly.  Many thanks for restoring the family harmony!.
If you listen very carefully, just above the silence in my house, you can hear the sound of Walter White coughing and many many digital aliens coming to very sticky digital end. Peace is restored...
Thanks again it is much appreciated...