Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile lagging behind BT

Routefinder
Grafter

IP Profile lagging behind BT

Hi All.....................CSC guys n gals
I have seen a recent increase in sync to 3913 and this has now been reflected in the BT IP Profile of 3.45Mbps but my PlusNet one still shows as 3.3Mbps.................would be nice if PlusNet tracked BT better/quicker as it has been 1 day 13 hours plus since the new sync speed Smiley
TIA  Wink
13 REPLIES 13
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: IP Profile lagging behind BT

If you are on ADSL2+/21CN then the BT IP Profile updates immediately your sync rate changes.  Plusnet say they don't get the updated information from BT fast enough so it can sometimes take them several days to catch up and update their own profile.  At first they did not believe this was a widespread problem and they are still reluctant to acknowledge this, suggesting that it only happens in some cases.  But we have never found anyone that does not suffer this inconvenience.  If you contact tech. support they will manually raise your profile and this can be done relatively rapidly.  I recommend you do this because the volume of tech. support contacts dealing with this one issue is probably the greatest motivator for Plusnet to find a  fix or a workaround for this problem.   
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

At first they did not believe this was a widespread problem and they are still reluctant to acknowledge this, suggesting that it only happens in some cases.

Where have we shown reluctance to acknowledge this? We know it's an issue, we're working with our suppliers to resolve it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Chris, I do not for one moment intend to say that Plusnet were reluctant to acknowledge that there is a problem.  But I took your replies #9 & #15 on this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/?topic=107258.msg923498 to indicate that you do not acknowledge that this is a problem that all your 21CN clients are liable to suffer from. 
Chris
Legend

I stand by that, it's not affecting everyone otherwise the support team would be inundated. Yes there are going to be a significant number of customers that don't notice the difference but the majority of line changes each day *are* going through (that's if we receive the line report of course!).
I understand that this is frustrating but we *are* continuing to push this and work with our suppliers for a fix, in fact they have another fix ready for this that should roll out early in the new year.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm intrigued as to how you extrapolate from the posts on these forums to estimate what proportion of the 500,000 Plusnet users who are not even registered on these forums are affected.
People generally only come here when they have issues.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

We see the number of manual changes to the Plusnet profile on a weekly basis, this will be where customers are directly requesting it, where CSC have spotted it's wrong during a fault investigation or where it's been spotted when looking at something else.
I've said that we know this is causing issues and we want to get it fixed. That fix in the short term is for BT to roll their fix early in the New Year, us to monitor the impact on our account change scripts from that. Longer term we need to create a business case and secure development resource to make any changes to how we collect and use this data but that is something we want to do.
Routefinder
Grafter

OK many thanks for the insight& replies........................but it is now the 15th December and the sync has held:)
However, the IP Profile on BT still says 3.45 with a measured speed by BT of 3.12 but PlusNet still show the IP Profile as 3.3.....................so again the question more so as to why the PlusNet system so many days on is still not updated to correspond with the BT Profile???  Now as I understand it PlusBNet rounddown  Angry but their IP figure should still be 3.4 though 3.45 would be nicer to see  Grin , should it not and thus my measured speed should be a tad better than 3.12 Huh
For the record Upstream Interleave I note is on at depth 4, on the lower sync this rarely happened...............but no obvious user issue with Interleave running which is good  Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

My sync are 17864K
BT IP: 15.7Mb
Plusnet IP: 15.2Mb (and it havent changed for 22 hours now)
Can plusnet adust plusnet profile to match BT one please
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Why not put a ticket in quoting the IP Profile line from the BT speedtester to request this? I suggest using path My Broadband Connection -> (More) -> Other.
David
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

The ticket take so long to action as I rang up customer service but they will not updated plusnet profile until after 72 hours, they had no idea about every 12 hours updated on all 21cn. I prefer the staff here is lot quicker to deal with.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Something is wrong.
On 21CN I have had the Plusnet profile increased within about 3 hours using the normal ticket system
Are you on 20CN and trying to get the IP profile increased
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I am on 21CN ADSL2+
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 17864 kbps 1279 kbps
Line Attenuation 32.0 db 17.3 db
Noise Margin 3.1 db 6.0 db
I had now request a ticket:
our question is now with our Support Team
We'll be in touch when your answer is ready.
At the moment we're averaging a response time of 7 hours 30 minutes 12 seconds for new queries.
If our Support Team need to contact another department or 3rd party then we may take longer to respond.
Routefinder
Grafter

For the record I am on 21CN though it Mode ADSL2 i.e. not the +
As remarked above, not every customer will see such a difference in the settings........................therefore IMO the system needs to be more robust so that we all get the service level we are paying for without the need to jump through (small) hoops to achieve it.
FWIW for PlusNet to say they have not recorded many such instances does not based on the question of how many users are savvy enough to monitor such things necessarily mean the number of customers suffering these IP mismatches is really as low as they think it is??? Afterall we here are perhaps the vocal minority compared to the total number of customers!