cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile dropped AGAIN...

gnicholson8
Grafter

IP Profile dropped AGAIN...

So only a few months into my contract and my IP profile has dropped AGAIN.
My current IP Profile is listed as 58Mbit instead of the 78/79Mbit I have had previously, it only dropped recently.
Also my ping has almost doubled from 20ms to around 40-50 on the current ping tests.
Whats going on here? I also thought the support system was getting better not worse? 45 minute wait at 21:00 at night. What the frick.
30 REPLIES 30
gnicholson8
Grafter

Re: IP Profile dropped AGAIN...

Ok, that's interesting, quiet line test is REALLY bad and the Fibre cuts off when the phone is answered.
So phone line fault. AGAIN. maybe I'll go longer than two/three months without a problem 😕
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gnicholson8,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing. Have you raised a fault with us regarding this?
gnicholson8
Grafter

Yes, I was on hold for 45 minutes last night waiting, turns out it was a copper join fault and a BT Engineer arrived this morning (not sure if it is resolved as I am at work and the missus dealt with him)
I have to say, very long waiting time last night, kinda annoying  Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately we had a problem last night affecting multiple customers so were extremely busy. Hopefully the engineer today has resolved the problem for you and you won't have any issues again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gnicholson8
Grafter

And it's not fixed...
Engineer said he resolved a fault but there is another in the fibre cabinet but would that Still make mg phone line crackle
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It could yes, I can see an engineer has been assigned to look at this again earlier this morning and we've been advised we should have a response by tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gnicholson8
Grafter

And then I would assume my IP profile will need reset again?
Also I am having to use a non PN DNS as you're one is dropping and not working half the time over the last two days
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The DNS issue should now be resolved s you should be able to revert to using the Plusnet DNS.
The engineer will have a look at the issue and will report back to us on his/her findings. I can really make any comment on what works will be carried out until we receive the report I'm afraid.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Wow... So basically I just got hung up on by a memeber of your support team,
So the following events happened.
- Fault reported Tuesday,
- Engineer visit Wednesday, repaired one fault
- Another visit yesterday, no repair complete.
- Emailed by PN to say will be repaired by tonight.
- Today my phone line has gone completely no fibre also.
- Phones PN. Spoke to Lauren, explained now it won't be fixed till the 10th.
Obviously I am not happy, its ridiculous three engineer visits can not fix the fault, after her clear inability to fix the problem I asked to speak to the complaints department whom I had spoken with previously due to the length of time it took to even install the line. She told me they do not exists, so apparently I made up a whole department and she's proceeded to hang up on me.
Well done plus net, well done. This fault better be fixed today.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've reviewed the notes on your account from the advisor you spoke to.
The notes seem to explain that the Complaints Team cannot be contacted over the phone as complaints are accepted by either raising a Complaint Online or by letter. That said, your call could have been passed to her Manager should you have wished to speak to somebody else - I will pass on feedback to this regard and I am sorry this option was not given to you on the call.
With regards to the fault with your service, this has been passed back to our suppliers as the issue has not been resolved.
I understand and appreciate that the issue hasn't been fixed and it's really not good enough, however, if our Support Team could do more for you they would. I've taken a look at the fault and I can't see anything more that the advisor could have done from a faults perspective. We'll continue to keep you updated on the progress of the fault.
As mentioned above, I'll pass feedback on with regards to how the call was handled.
gnicholson8
Grafter

I find it funny you say the Complaints team can't be contacted via telephone as I have contacted (and was I able to get online earlier) would've had the phone numbers I used previously to contact the complaints department.
If you're saying there is nothing more she could do then there is something severely lacking in your support network. I requested details of the fault, all she said is "A fibre engineer is required to repair the fault" but when I knew this three days ago when the phone engineer arrived on Wednesday, he told us "one fault is fixed, the other is in the fibre cabinet down the street, a Ppenreach engineer will be out tomorrow" and when I asked earlier I was in formed two Openreach fibre engineers had been out, one yesterday and one today.
As your CSC staff proceeded to tell me it won't be repaired till the 10th (something which hasn't been relayed to me AT ALL I must add) a BT Engineer phoned my wife (who wasn't at home) to say they were at the fibre cabinet trying to resolve the fault (which hasn't happened)
So it seems that I will now be waiting till AFTER the weekend to get this resolved with barely working fibre, constant disconnects and a phone line which is so blooming crackly it can't be used.
So I assume as you can't provide me with a working service I can cancel without charge?

gnicholson8
Grafter

Wow... So this is absolute BS.
So appointment rearranged for Monday morning with notes to phone my wife's mobile 30 minutes before as she has to drop the kids of at school (takes 10-15minutes TOPS)
Gent from BT phones and my wife says sure pop along, I have to nip out for ten minutes though, he says he'll do the external work and have somebody call you back soon to arrange coming over to check the internal (which is funny as the internal was checked and fixed on Wednesday)
NO CALL. never heard a thing.
Rearranged for today with the same notes (call my wife's mobile beforehand just to confirm) worst case scenario is she'll say give me ten-fifteen minutes. I know it isn't 13:00 yet but I have my doubts that he is even coming to be fair 😕
So, Visits on
Wednesday - Phone Engineer
Thursday - Fibre Engineer
Friday - Fibre Engineer
Monday - Fibre Engineer
Tuesday - Fibre Engineer (not arrived yet)
AND STILL NO WORKING FIBRE OR PHONE LINE. I know it's the crap institution that is Openreach but I can't bitch and moan to them so yes. YOU PN get the brunt of my anger as my ISP, sort this out otherwise I will be cancelling and I won't be paying any fees.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Oh and might I point out regardless of what the support ticket says at note point during any of my calls has any of your staff stated that if the problem is my end I get a £99.00 fee (not that I mind as I know it's an external fault) but still, a bit of a check to put this on the support ticket but not tell the customer on the phone.
Two tickets have been added stating this.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that Jordan has taken personal ownership of the fault in hand.
I've given him a nudge to your comments on here so he can refer to this thread as well as the ticket on your account.