cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile differences

g3uiss
Grafter

Re: IP Profile differences

Now apparently the fault is "Locked" and I have to wait until Monday before a new appointment can be booked.
Can one not complain to Ofcom about the appalling attitude to Openreach and their ISP's customers. In private enterprise they would be bust.
Lost two days pay now, and no compensation, just to get what I paid for.
Disgusting !
g3uiss
Grafter

Hi
Anybody able to tell me when this might get sorted Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@g3uiss
Really sorry to hear that the engineer didn't turn up. Our faults team are still due to look at this today so please bear with us and they'll be updating you ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@g3uiss
Have a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
g3uiss
Grafter

Guys
PN are being very helpful at saying there is no response from BTOR, can nothing be done to get this fault resolved Huh
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Really sorry about this, I'm going to get someone to call you now.
g3uiss
Grafter

Hello BTOR just been they say all BT equipment and line is fine and its PLUS NET that haver me on wrong profile. I understood I was on the higher cap 76mps ? They say im on 40/10 which is why I only get 23mps down.
BTOR now left and say to refer fault back to you and you should have checked profile before calling him out.
I'm getting very brassed off now. Why am I on wrong profile ?????????
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That is rubbish!
If you are on the 40/10 profile you should get up to just short of that (around 37) - if you are not getting near that and you still get the same low speed using a direct pppoe wired connection to the modem it's a BTOR issue.
g3uiss
Grafter

OK
That's a really useless answer
Fault raised 20 September
various blame attached
BTOR appointment booked 27 Sep
BTOR never showed (blamed on Plus Net)
New Appointment Today.
BTOR test speed at NTE 24mps
BTOR made line check quoted as 100%
BTOR claimed distance to Cab 700 yards (old money)
TOR claim speed restriction due to Plus Net
BTOR left claiming wasted visit may be chargeable
I the CUSTOMER after 3 last half days off work and 13 days after install exactly where I was
WHEN WILL YOU SORT OR DO I HAVE TO LEAVE PLUS NET FOR CONTRACT FAILURE
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I don't see why you think it is a useless answer.
The 40 of 40/10 is just a cap on the download speed, it doesn't change anything else. If you a syncing at 25 on 40/10, when your service is changed to 80/20 you will still sync at around 25*. If you were syncing at around the maximum on 40/10 then changing to 80/20 would see an increase in sync speed. That's why I was saying that what the engineer said was rubbish.
Plusnet will have to push the fault back to them which will probably mean another engineer to be booked.
g3uiss
Grafter

Yes but what will the next visit reveal. I cant understand why one visit gives that answer, and another will change something ?
I was saying the process is getting somewhat protracted, I have to take time off every visit
TH BT engineer said the connection to my socket was fine, it was a restriction that is stopping the speed
Tony
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I heard lots of horror stories of BTOR Engineer can do what they like, not the isp or the customer. That's why I never bothered with BTOR visit as I always refused it because I ain't wait all day for this. I am glad I am with virgin media as they booked an engineer and gave me live status on the account and can see that engineer will be with you at 15:40 and he arrive at 15:35 to retuned power level and gave me superhub 2. He did turn up. I don't understand why Plusnet isn't complaint to BTOR and contact BT chief executive ian livingston to make a formal complaint about poor lack of BTOR.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Maybe as far as BTOR are concerned.....'all ISPs are equal but some are more equal than others' ?Huh
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've just run a test on you rline and you current sync speeds are not near the 37Mb/s mark:

It appears that the engineer is still investigating your fault and we are waiting for his engineer notes.
g3uiss
Grafter

Chris
Thanks, its been on those sort of numbers since install. At that time it seemed part of the backend, thought I was still on ADSL2+ and I suspect that's why the IP profile is at the top of the ADSL2+ range.
Tony