cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile differences

g3uiss
Grafter

IP Profile differences

I Had my FTTC enabled this morning. I'm only getting 24mb link and around 22mb download.
The IP profile on the BT wholesale checker is set at 24mb which would make sense, however the PN profile shows 37Mb which is what I was expecting and stated by the DSL checker prior to order. I have spoke to PN support who were helpful, Im curious how long to resolve and why there is such a difference in the quoted sync speeds.
50 REPLIES 50
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: IP Profile differences

Hi there,
I suspect it's a matter of the back end systems being a bit slow to update - I can see the order's completed, but one of the systems is still showing you as being on ADSL2+ hence the speed limit. That should update later today, if not please give our team a call over the weekend and they'll be able to get this raised as a fault for you - tell them eco plus shows the fibre order complete but actuate (or possibly wcr) still has you on ADSL2+ and they should be able to do it without needing any checks.
g3uiss
Grafter

Matt
That's really useful thanks. I will keep my eye on it and call if necessary
Thanks again
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

Hi Matt
Noting improved overnight. rang support today, there is already a ticket open but apparently its going to take up to 72 hours to resolve.
It a bit disappointing after waiting for the FTTC, paying nearly double I only have a modest increase over what I had.
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

Matt
See following added to ticket. This seems to be dragging on from what you suggested. Up to 3 more days. Bit disappointing I paid for the upgrade and its still not happened. The line was looked at by you on Friday, and I called support on Saturday. We all knew it was operating at low speed !!! Cry
Can you help please to escalate
Dear Mr Stone,
Thanks for your patience. I have tested your connection today and I can see that the line is connecting at low speed. Unfortunately I was not able to find what is causing this and I have raised this to our suppliers for further investigation. We will update you with more information within next 48 - 72 hours. In the meantime please keep your equipment connected and plugged in.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Tony,
We've raised the fault with our suppliers as we need them to resolve this issue for you. Please bear with us and our faults team will respond again ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
g3uiss
Grafter

Hi Again
I now am awaiting a BT visit.
I cant understand why the IP profile is set just under 24mb. I assume this is quite a good bit of copper to the cab, as on ADSL I was getting nearly 17mb I think my IP profile was 18mb then. If this cant be improved am I stuck with this ? I know its not a PlusNet problem but 30% is a long way to be out on an estimate.
Can the IP profile just not be raised as I have a solid connection. My service has been stable since the installation and a couple of reboots last Friday requested by your first line support
Tony
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The trouble is, the part of BTs systems that we get the line profile data from thinks you're still on ADSL2+ whereas the part where we place all our orders etc knows you're on Fibre.
We can't just raise the profile on any line though, even ADSL/ADSL2+ lines - the option simply isn't there I'm afraid. The only way we'll get this sorted out is to get a fault raised, though I must admit the engineer seems strange given that it's evidently some kind of back end configuration issue. I'll see if I can add anything to the ticket for you.
g3uiss
Grafter

Matt
I appreciate that. Another half day work lost is not ideal, when its likely not to make a difference.
cheers
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

Matt
Will I be able to know if this action you suggest will avoid the need for a visit. Can the team not communicate the viewpoint that its a back end issue.
Tony
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Trouble is, now the line is showing correctly as FTTC across both systems but the speed hasn't improved. This is now therefore a regular speed fault (or at least it'll be treated as such by our suppliers) so I'd actually suggest an engineer visit would be the best thing to happen - that way the engineer can see the issue and should have more of an idea about how to fix it.
g3uiss
Grafter

Matt
Thanks, I have given available dates.
Thanks
Tony
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked your ticket and can see that we've booked an engineer for you for later in the week.
Keep us posted as to how things go with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
g3uiss
Grafter

Will do thanks for the help
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

BTOR never turned up, no call, message or text. Contacted PN, who advise faults team gone home from 1730.
Lost another half day work
Great