cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile change please

dbbrunton
Grafter

Re: IP Profile change please

bt IP profile now increased to 2000, plus net still at 1750. soon as thats up to 1750 you can close this unless you can see any further problems. From past experience this will increase to an IP profile of 2500 and will remain stable.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI DBB,
I've matched the PN profile to 2000 for you now.
Jojo Smiley
dbbrunton
Grafter

thanks. may even be able to watch the college football this saturday.
dbbrunton
Grafter

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1371 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1728 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1750 Kbps
absolutely disgusting. been 4 weeks now, hasn't it.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DBB,
do you have a test socket behind your master socket? Have you changed your set up since I did the SNR reset? Are you using any extension cables?
The sync rate is now 1728k so the profile will probably drop to 1500. After I performed the reset the line went down to 6dB SNR which is why the sync and profile went up. It's now gone up to 12dB so that's what has caused your sync rate to drop. I'll do anything I can to help but with a line of this length it can be said that it's operating within acceptable limits.
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

Are you using the same router as when you were on Tiscali?
(There's all sorts of factors at play, and it seems a bit daft of plus if they promised you'd get the same speeds as Tiscali!)
dbbrunton
Grafter

I don't beleive that its acceptable for my line speed to drop from a stable 2350 to what it is tonight, less than 1400kbps, using the same equipment without any changes at my end. And I also see the SNR as 12db, and its still plugged into the master socket.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php predicts a sync speed of 2336 for an attenuation of 61 and that would be with a 6db noise margin. This gives you an IP Profile of 2000. There is no way whatsoever you can expect to get any better than that.
That is pretty close to the level at which you would get an IP Profile of 1750 which is triggered by a sync speed in the range 2016 kbps to 2240 kbps.
I would recommend that you should be aiming to stabilise on the 1750 IP Profile.
If you want to do better than that in your current house remember that the distance from the exchange is the most significant factor, so you may want to consider using a company such as this.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dbbrunton
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php predicts a sync speed of 2336 for an attenuation of 61 and that would be with a 6db noise margin. This gives you an IP Profile of 2000. There is no way whatsoever you can expect to get any better than that.

Stay out of things that do not concern you. I WAS on a stable IP profile of  2500. You do not have all the facts.
I am now on
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1137 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1568 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1250 Kbps
after over 4 weeks of no-one giving a dam and actually trying to sort this out. This speed drop initially occured on November 16th, Its now December 15th and my profile continues to drop.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: DBB
and its still plugged into the master socket.

Do you mean the front of the faceplate or the test socket?
Jojo Smiley
grudkin
Grafter

Quote from: DBB
Stay out of things that do not concern you. I WAS on a stable IP profile of  2500. You do not have all the facts.

There is no need to be so rude to another forum member who does so much to help other Plusnet customers! Roll_eyes
jelv is also trying to help you too! Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

These are the community forums, if you just want a private conversation with Plusnet I suggest you confine yourself to tickets and PMs.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dbbrunton
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Do you mean the front of the faceplate or the test socket?

Test socket. and from what I can see thats another day where nothings been done.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DBB,
I've just had a fault guy check for the latest from our suppliers and it looks like it will probably result in another engineer visit. Keep an eye on your ticket.
Jojo Smiley
dbbrunton
Grafter

first visit showed the fault was not at my end.
I also hope the BT guy has plenty of time on his hands to wait for me to make it home as I can't take any more time off work for this.
This is not a problem at my end, and waiting since the 29th of November for plusnet to decide to send another bt engineer out, which is over 2 weeks since I stated the first visit failed, is disgusting and reeks of desperation, as the fault is not here.