cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile at 0.25 Mbps - Reset Request

highlandmoose
Dabbler

IP Profile at 0.25 Mbps - Reset Request

Hi, how's yourselves? I've been stuck with an IP Profile of 0.25 Mbps for almost a week now. I'm getting sub dial-up speeds and constant drop-outs. It's extremely difficult to work online with this kind of connection. I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of someone who can reset / correct my IP Profile. Thanks.
15th Sept @ 12:00

15th Sept @ 19:04

18th Sept @ 08:35
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: IP Profile at 0.25 Mbps - Reset Request

Your profile is correct for your current sync speed. When did you last reconnect?
Is your phone OK with no background noise?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Having read jelv's post I actually looked at your pictures - I needed to zoom in as they were unreadable otherwise
First thing is to post the stats from your router and then, if possible, connect to the test socket and report the stats again
This explains http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Further to Jim's comment about the images you don't need to upload them anywhere before posting on here. When you compose your post open up the "Additional Options and Attachments..." underneath and you can directly attach the images to your post.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi highlandmoose,
Your line has been banded, this is why you are seeing lower speeds. Have you changed anything internally in the past 24 hours?
I have placed a SNR reset on your line that should resolve the banded profile and get you back to your normal speeds. This normally takes around 4 hours.
Let me know how you are getting on.
Chris
highlandmoose
Dabbler

Thanks for all the replies, sorry about the image quality, I didn't realise it would display so small.
@jelv - my profile is usally 1.5 Mbps not 0.25 Mbps, so whether it's correct for my current sync speed, it's still not correct for my normal operation. Thanks for the heads up on how to add images though I did not know that.
@Oldjim - thanks for the info, had Chris not responded I would have certainly posted that info for you.
@Chris - nope, nothing has changed, and it's been over 24 hours - it's been since the 15th at least. Can you tell me why my line has been banded and what this means? This has happened to me a few times this year and it's getting a bit frustrating, it'd be good to know the cause. Thanks for doing the reset. I'll let you know things progress.
highlandmoose
Dabbler

@Chris - I can now report that my IP Profile is up to 1 MBps, not quite back to my normal 1.5 Mbps, but it's a great deal better, thank you.
Results:
Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.84 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1.15 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1 Mbps
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Good to see, let me know if anything changes.
Chris