Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile and line check?

gingerbloke
Grafter

IP Profile and line check?

Jo (or anyone else?)
I have a friend who's on plusnet (powellandoliver) and he's experiencing very poor performance. His modem (Netgear DG834N) is happily sync'd at 3424kbps (SNR of 5.9db) and has been up for 100+ hours.
Attempting to run the BT speedtester results in a failure, but briefly shows 448K download, with a similar figure (0.44Mbps down / 0.29Mbps)  reported by speedtest.net, with ping of 120ms.
Is it possible for  you to check the BT and PN profiles from your end, and also see if the line is reporting any issues?
TIA,
Adam
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP Profile and line check?

I've had a look at that account and have made some adjustments. Please ask your friend to try again now. I'd probably advise raising a fault though if things are no better as data protection makes it difficult for me to tell you what I've just done for them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gingerbloke
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
I appreciate you looking into this - I'll raise the fault via his account if we still have issues.
Adam
gingerbloke
Grafter

Adam,
been busy and only just got round to check his line. Some improvement but still a big gap between sync rate and IP profile. Anything you can do or shall I ask him to raise a fault from his account?
Many thanks,
Adam
----------
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.88 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.2 Mbps-1 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3.2 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1 Mbps
-------------

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gingerbloke,
I'll take a look and see if there's anything I can do.
Jojo Smiley
gingerbloke
Grafter

Any help much appreciated, Thanks JoJo,
Adam
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gingerbloke,
I think what I've done has worked. Ask him to check in about 15 minutes to see if he can see the increase.
Jojo Smiley
gingerbloke
Grafter

REsurrecting on old thread because it's the same line/user (powellandoliver)
Can someone post a radius plot for the account powellandoliver pls?
The line is running fine most of the time (approx 4.5M sync, 6dB SNR) but goes through stages of resyncing every few minutes with gaps in service. I've changed filters, DSL lead,etc - the modem is attached to the master socket test point.
TIA, Adam
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Adam,
I'm sure you know the usual process (speed issues link) - are you able to guide the user through gathering and posting all of the stats please?  Is the line quiet?  Dial 17070 option 2.  Is there any correlation of these drops with the use of the phone?  Is there a particular time of day when the problem is noticed?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.