cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile/Traffic Prioritisation incorrect?

mbk515

IP Profile/Traffic Prioritisation incorrect?

Hi,
I have been having problems recently with lag when playing FIFA 13 on Xbox Live and it has been so annoying as I have decided to give up on it as I have not won a game in the last 25 matches and have been relegated from Division 1 to Division 4. Now I know I'm not that bad since I got from Divison 5 to Divison 1 and stayed there for a long time but I have been thinking that there must be something wrong with my connection.
I have also been using SFTP/FTP and noticed that my friend is able to download at full speed whereas I have only been able to download at a max of 700kb/s (most recently 20kb/s).
To top this off I have done a check on BT Wholesale's website and it says I should get close to 49.7Mbps download and 10.9Mbps upload but I have only seen 37ish Mbps and 7ish Mbps upload which makes me think I could be on the wrong IP profile and that I'm on the 40/10 profile rather than 80/20.
Also, just to add (11/05/13) all my Xbox Live downloads are slow. It takes a while to download items when I know it shouldn't as I never had issues with Sky Fibre.
If anyone is able to assist me it would be very much appreciated as I have had no joy from the support team when logging a request online.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: IP Profile/Traffic Prioritisation incorrect?

Hi mbk515,
Welcome to our Community forums.
I've checked your line and everything seems OK, you're currently on the 80/20 product too.
Are you connected wired or wireless? Is there any other devices using your connection?
Chris
mbk515

Hi Chris,
Thanks for replying. I have tried both wired and wireless for SFTP/FTP and the best speed I got was 750Kbps.
Xbox downloads take longer than when I was with Sky and I sometimes suffer from lag in games. This is via a wired connection too with nothing else using the connection.
Regards
Mike
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have you been able to try an alternative router?
mbk515

Unfortunately not, the one supplied is the only one I have.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd suggest raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll take a look over your line.
It might also be worth creating a ping graph to see if we can spot anything.