cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile Reset with new router

gsilent
Dabbler

Re: IP Profile Reset with new router

Things were normal for a time yesterday until a BT engineer called (incidentally he coundn't find a problem and said the frames look fine, whatever a frame is!). He seemed to do some sort of reset as the connection resynced. When it came back up the modem was still syncing at 7000kbps but the plusnet profile was limiting me to 0.25Mbps. It changed back after an hour or so and I got my full speed back.
The same thing has happened this morning. Just come on and noticed very slow speeds again. Checked the router and it is syncing at 7000kbps as expected but my plusnet profile has been lowered. The router is reporting connection uptime of 2hrs+. Something is causing the connection to resync now and then and when it happens the plusnet profile no longer matches the BT IP profile.
Any ideas?
BT Speed Tester:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.15 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 6.08 Mbps
Plusnet current line speed:
0.25 Mb
Router Statistics:
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 6894 kbps 444 kbps
Line Attenuation 39.5 db 22.9 db
Noise Margin 15.1 db 26.0 db
Connection Time 02:59:05
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi gsilent,
I've been dealing with your fault recently. I've just updated the profile from our side to match what is on our suppliers side. That should take an effect very shortly.
gsilent
Dabbler

Thanks Chris.
Interestingly I had to disconnect then reconnect the pppoa session to get the changed plusnet profile to take effect (I kept the modem connected though so I didn't lose sync).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, shouldn't need the disconnect reconnect, not sure why it did - sorry about that. Glad it's improved things though Smiley