cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile / Exchange kit problems

dogbert

IP Profile / Exchange kit problems

Hello,
I have 4 Force9/Plusnet accounts in our village..all running from the same exchange.
Two of the accounts have dramatically dropped in speed over the last three days despite being much nearer to the exchange.
The only thing in common is that they are both Force9 accounts and are on the same fixed IP range of 84.92.....
I have gateway hopped on both accounts...changed routers/filters/cabling etc and nothing has made any difference on either accounts which would tend to rule out equipment faults at the users end.
Hopefully if the account from which I am posting is fixed the other one would be too so I am not raising a fault on the business account just yet !
As I support local businesses remotely over these four connections I hope you will realise that my current speed of approx 190/250kbps is not brilliant for a VPN connection.
Any chance of looking into this as the fault tracker software has thrown an error when trying to report it on the Force9 site.
3 REPLIES 3
WelshPaul
Grafter

Re: IP Profile / Exchange kit problems

I would raise a ticket, i don't think staff will be around to look into this thread till Monday.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You could also provide the information requested here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dogbert,
The account that links to your forum username looks like it's been dropping connection fairly often, which would explain the slowdown (the exchange equipment reduces the line speed automatically in order to stabilise the service). It may well be the same case for the second account.
As such I'd definitely recommend running through the faults troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net for each account. Our faults team will then be able to pick these up and investigate for you. Please bear in mind though that the slow speeds are being caused by the drops in connection, so the actual fault type you have is a dropping connection fault rather than slow speed.
Hope that helps.