cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile Drop!

shalom2010
Grafter

IP Profile Drop!

Whoops. If I clicked on 'Disconnect' on the router page a few times, can this drop the IP profile? I ran the BT Speedtester this morning (speedtest.btwholesale.com) and my profile was 66.21, however, I disconnected three times on the router page, which I thought cannot affect the IP profile, but it's dropped now to 59.54 Sad
Anyone know how it takes to recover (damn DLM!) Huh
9 REPLIES 9
pengbo
Grafter

Re: IP Profile Drop!

Wait 4 days with out disconnecting it should go back up.
shalom2010
Grafter

Thanks pengbo. So, is it correct, that if you use the disconnect on the router webpage it can adjust the BT IP profile?Huh
pengbo
Grafter

Not 100% sure but it appears the DLM (the bit in the cabinet responsible for giving you the most "stable experience") appears to be a little sensitive and it can interpret too many disconnects in succession as a problem and may try a lower profile to fix it.
It could also be something else so just watch it and see what happens. if it gets worse then I would update and wait for the digital care team to offer the official word on it.
shalom2010
Grafter

Thanks pengbo. I only used the disconnect on the router page to get onto a different gateway as my ping went higher than normal. Many have said this should not affect the profile. This has proved wrong in my case!
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Either way, it's hardly going to make any difference to your internet experience, unless, of course, you suffer from OCD!!  Cheesy
pengbo
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33
unless, of course, you suffer from OCD!!  Cheesy

I am fighting it.  I am getting better. Honest. Embarrassed
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi shalom2010,
Disconnecting via the router should not effect your IP profile, it's when the modem loses sync that this can change.
Your speeds seem to have fluctuated between 59-68Mb/s I wouldn't worry about that as long as it doesn't decrease any.more
shalom2010
Grafter

Thanks Chris, but can please confirm if I can now reboot the modem during daylight hours, because I think my synch speed should return to what it was. (It dropped on Saturday). The profile did drop when I disconnected via the router, for sure!
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've replied to your PM.