Did you mean: 

IP Profile - Can it be changed

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: IP Profile - Can it be changed

How about if we slip in an E&OE.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you signed up, and have been charged, for Unlimited fibre but were provisioned with Essentials and Plusnet did not inform you of this and give you the option of downgrading to the cheaper product, then you entitled to a backdated refund and/or compensation on the basis that that the service was not delivered as described.

But that's not what happened. lisapetewright signed up for Unlimited fibre, and was given a speed estimate of 40Mb. The product was set up as Unlimited Fibre (as they can see by the fact they haven't been charged for using more than 40GB per month) with the associated traffic management and Unlimited usage.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: tonyw
The Sale of Goods Act (1979) and the Supply of Goods and Services Act (1982) says that goods and services must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and delivered as described.
If you signed up, and have been charged, for Unlimited fibre but were provisioned with Essentials and Plusnet did not inform you of this and give you the option of downgrading to the cheaper product, then you entitled to a backdated refund and/or compensation on the basis that that the service was not delivered as described.
Yes jelv the law applies equally to retailers and ISPs.

Am I missing something here? Could you point to where it says his account type was set as Essentials and not Unlimited? As has been repeatedly pointed out the connection speed is not the principal difference between Essentials and Unlimited. The difference is that Essentials has a 40GB allowance and Unlimited has no allowance.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
The difference is that Essentials has a 40GB allowance and Unlimited has no allowance.

+ higher traffic management priorities for P2P/Usenet and Gaming.
lisapetewright
Grafter

Plusnet is clearly in the wrong here and still is as my speeds have droped.
I'm now getting 10MB down and 1MB up. I am not happy at all what so ever
Thanks to all that have helped on this
What's supper funny is a broadband issues can no longer be raised as a ticket on the web. It reports back as a error.
I'm going to cancel my contract i think
AndyH
Grafter

What are your IP Profiles on http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ if you run the speed test and Further Diagnostics?
What is your current line speed here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, your profile had actually bumped up to 48500 so I've set it to 48400 on our side, not sure if it'll improve things though - are you seeing the slow speeds only on wireless devices, or do you get the same on computers connected with a network cable?
lisapetewright
Grafter

So my upload has now dropped to 4MB and download is 14 MB now.
5 different PC's, 8 laptops, all via ethernet and ether directly into a router or gig switch. All machines are i7, 8GB, Windows 7 X64 Pro, SSD.
DSL checker etc etc say I can have 63.8MB so why are you setting it as 48400....?
I have a nasty feeling my open reach modem is the issue as it looks to of over heated. Who do I have to ask for a new one?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's the modem, we need to raise a fault to get Openreach out to replace it as they supply them. I've set it to 48400 because that's what the DLM system (the automated line control system at the cabinet and/or exchange) has set your line to, I'm afraid that's not something we have any control of.
EDIT: In fact, see Adam's reply to you here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122726.msg1064698.html#msg1064698
chrcoluk
Grafter

Sorry plusnet you wrong legally.
I checked the website and the smallprint at bottom of the FTTC page.
Its a up to 76mbit product and the smallprint states you will provide the best possible speeds for the line, meaning you will let the line rate adapt as fast as possible up to 76mbit/sec.  You may have estimated a lower speed but the first FTTC page overides that by stating you wont prevent the full rate adaptation.    Ordering 40/10 on a 80/20 retail product to save yourselves a small amount of cash is misleading the customer.  It also is a gamble as seen here because many lines sync significantly above their estimates.
Luckily it seems the OP isnt bothered.
lisapetewright
Grafter

OP is bothered but my work is what pays my bills and the roof over my head, food on my table and clothes my kids and that take a priority over anything.
I am out the UK currently but RDP to my server and run any or all test's on that currently.
The DLM is wrong as the checkers say otherwise if that's the speed your setting me at. I was able to hit 50mb last night for a good hour stable, the upload is still way way below.
I'm not having BT in my house, the last bloke was caught steeling via CCTV. It's a nice simple case of plug in so why they need to attend...?
pboyde
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Due to a problem with my install which was supposed to take place on 7th Jan but never happened until yesterday my profile looks like it's stuck on the Plusnet site due to the training period taking place whilst I still had my previous ISP's broadband.
My IP Profile on the BT Wholesale site says 77.44 but the Plusnet Line speed says 37mb - how do I get this reset?
chrcoluk
Grafter

normally by doing what you just done, but unlucky it seems no staff noticed your post Sad make a new thread with the request.
jim:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@pboyde
Welcome to the forums.
Unfortunately, the Digital Care Team staff who respond to forum posts are not normally here at weekends, so giving the CSC a call (0800 432 0200) is the best approach for getting a faster resolution to the problem. Hopefully the call centre queue won't be too long.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi pboyde,
Looks like the profile on our side has now updated, hope you're seeing improved speeds now?