cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Phone

sergio

IP Phone

Hi,
I'm looking for a cheap IP phone to use with my pn broadband phone and I'm interested to what are you using. What can you recommend me?
Thanks.
Serg.
4 REPLIES 4
puddy
Grafter

Re: IP Phone

A linksys PAP2-NA adapter cost less than £20 on ebay just plug any normal BT phone even a cordless dect should work 2voip accounts
I have a Grandstream GXP2000 £60 its call quality is excellent and its well made on you can register 4 voip accounts
Siemens 460ip dect cordless phone to make calls enter the number you wish to dial and press the call button and it will make a call on the voip network but if you press the call button for 3 seconds or more it will dial using your BT landline instead £65 extra handsets £45 1 voip account
Buy a a router with built in voip ports I got my speedtouch 716wl v5 router from plusnet for £55 1 voip account
Plusnet/gradell ssupport pages have lots of helpful tips for all the above voip phones
puddy
sergio

Quote from: puddy
Siemens 460ip dect cordless phone to make calls enter the number you wish to dial and press the call button and it will make a call on the voip network but if you press the call button for 3 seconds or more it will dial using your BT landline instead £65 extra handsets £45 1 voip account

I like the idea of this phone as it's cordless (my preference) and I can add more handsets if I need them. Do you happens to know if it has a good voice quality?
puddy
Grafter

additional handset are £45 each
You can call any other Gigaset user free of charge too
build and call quaility are excellent its made by Siemens in Germany and its supported by gradwell/plusnet voip service

puddy
prichardson
Grafter

I have a GXP2000. Very much worth it's money though I don't use it, seeing as I use my Nokia E65 on my LAN instead (which works better, as I am only available when at home Cheesy )