cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like an answer TODAY!

mattprince
Grafter

I would like an answer TODAY!

Is anybody from PlusNet going to sort out my problem or shall I just cancel???
Ordered plusnet with speeds estimated to 47mb down and 19mb Up (+-1mb)
2 days later emailed with thanks for ordering and speeds estimated as 46mb down and 5mb up which is a lot less upload than on order
Broadband installed and told only 38mb down and 6mb up
Since that day its been up and down like a yoyo and at nights crawling.
Today , im on the following....
To say these are just estimates is not good enough. 21mb is less than half what I was told when I ordered. Would you accept less than half per month for my bill??????????
I would like an answer today please as if its stuck at 21mb and crawling every night then I will go back to Sky.
Matt
58 REPLIES 58
AndyH
Grafter

Re: I would like an answer TODAY!

Are you connected wired or wireless?
Have you clicked on further diagnostics after running the speed test to check your line profile?
mattprince
Grafter

Connecting by wifi but tried Ethernet aswell and makes no difference at all...
mattprince
Grafter

It says there that my max speed down is 32mb. That's untrue as when it was first installed it was running 28mb with ease. And my neighbours both called plusnet up and was told 47mb/19mb same as I was on order.
AndyH
Grafter

Have you rebooted your router/the BT modem many times?
AndyH
Grafter

I would also try http://www.speedtest.net/ - that provides the highest speed test results for me out of all the speed test sites.
Edit - There is an issue in the evenings that PN are looking at where the speeds slow down at peak times (i.e. 20:00 - 22:00)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
The estimates that are set for your line at the moment are 33Mb downstream and 6Mb upstream. I understand that your estimates upon sign up were higher, however these are only estimates. The estimates are based on the from the cabinet to your Distribution Point.
I appreciate that you were expecting to get speeds of around 47Mbps, however, unfortunately your line is unable to run at that speed. I would be happy to try and get your speeds closer to your current estimate for you?
mattprince
Grafter

Hi,
I was getting 38MB down and 6MB up as soon as it was installed. Why the sudden drop?? If you could get it back to that then id be happy but as it is , constantly crawling at night and fluctuating so much during the day , its just silly. Can you look into this please?
Matt
jim:quote
mattprince
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
I would also try http://www.speedtest.net/ - that provides the highest speed test results for me out of all the speed test sites.
Edit - There is an issue in the evenings that PN are looking at where the speeds slow down at peak times (i.e. 20:00 - 22:00)

Current speed test with speedtest.net is...
mattprince
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Hi,
The estimates that are set for your line at the moment are 33Mb downstream and 6Mb upstream. I understand that your estimates upon sign up were higher, however these are only estimates. The estimates are based on the from the cabinet to your Distribution Point.
I appreciate that you were expecting to get speeds of around 47Mbps, however, unfortunately your line is unable to run at that speed. I would be happy to try and get your speeds closer to your current estimate for you?

Hi,
Are you looking into this today?
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you had just got fibre installed, You have to wait for 10 days for the line to settle. This happens to everyone! DO NOT restart or unplug the BT modem and the router as the exchange may think your line can't handle fast speeds. Sorry to think you are leaving PN if it isn't fixed but I will guarantee you will have a good time at PN like I have.  Any more questions please feel free to ask.
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
mattprince
Grafter

I had to restart the bt modem the 3rd day in as the dsl/internet light went out and nothing else worked.
jim:quote
lowlatency
Grafter

Quote from: JamieDanjoux
guarantee you will have a good time at PN like I have. 
Jamie

I wouldn't call your recent time at plusnet  good Huh
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112279.0.html
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: mattprince
Quote from: Chris
Hi,

Hi,
Are you looking into this today?

As far as I know the DCTeam/Staff work Monday-Friday so won't be able to do anything until then, they do sometimes peak in on various forums over the weekend and leave a contribution to the post if they feel like it  :P.
Bright
Grafter

There is no 10 day training period on fibre, so waiting isn't going to improve things.
If you were getting 38/6 and it's now down to 22/4 then it sounds like there is a problem with the line.
Could you run the BTW speed test again and click the "Further Diagnostics" button to run the 2nd part of the test, then copy/paste the results here? (I can't read the results of your last test in reply #2!)