cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to return

HaydnExport
Grafter

I want to return

Having left plusnet on the 23rd of december (although still got billed for january)  Im having big problems on bt infinity , losing throughput  , down to 0.00mb and 0.01mb although rarely losing sync.  Its a widespread problem it seems here on anglesey / bangor area.  Had 3 engineer visits to confirm its not my end or their cabinet , and every customer services person i talk to wants to try blame it on internal wiring , when 4 doors down gets disconnected at the exact same time.  Now my question is would my chances of getting no problems or getting it resolved be better if i rejoined plusnet? Have plusnet any customers in my area on fttc that could verify having no problems?  Could a member of plusnet staff reply to this thread please?  Ideally id like to speak on the phone before committing to anything.
31 REPLIES 31
Yadda
Grafter

Re: I want to return

Hi Haydn, are you one of the Infinity customers who posted on the "Bangor" thread over on the BT forums?
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Bangor-Gwynedd-WNBG-slowdowns-drops/td-p/11...
I'm "tourist" over there and I started that thread because I'm with Plusnet and am having problems and wanted to see if Infinity customers in our area were having the same trouble. Well, you know the rest!
Here's my thread on here documenting the problem: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122073.0.html
The problem isn't sorted yet but at least they haven't closed my ticket prematurely like I've heard has happened to people "over there".
HaydnExport
Grafter

Haha yes, im chiefbeef on there !
HaydnExport
Grafter

Anyone?  Im going to ask for my mac code off them tomorrow so would like to speak to somebody regarding the fault. 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I know Dave's chasing a couple of exchanges, there's a thread on here somewhere: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122054.msg1068239.html#msg1068239 ah there it is.
I'll mention this to him, see if he's aware and what can be done.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Thanks matt , worst thing i did was move for fttc , wasnt available at plusnet when we checked. 
Yadda
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
I know Dave's chasing a couple of exchanges, there's a thread on here somewhere: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122054.msg1068239.html#msg1068239 ah there it is.
I'll mention this to him, see if he's aware and what can be done.

I hope someone's aware of it, I raised a ticket and have an ongoing thread detailing the problem, updated daily (link in my previous post).
HaydnExport
Grafter

What hardware will i receive if i get a fttc contract out?  ideally id like a modem like the openreach one i have so i can use my netgear wndr3700v2 , the bt hh 5 was absolute rubbish , portforward and dmz were broken , even disabling the firewall and all ports were closed
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
Just looking at our fault data and I'd say there's definitely something up at the Bangor exchange on fibre, 60% of our fibre customers at that exchange have raised a fault to us in the last 2 weeks. Yadda I'll have a look at your ticket (and some of the others) and try and do some digging.
HaydnExport - should you move back then you'd keep the Openreach modem and you'd have the choice of using your existing Netgear (you'd probably just have to change the username and password) or we could send you or Technicolor 582n to use with the BT modem.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Yadda
Grafter

Thanks Dave, there's more detail from post 13 in my thread than in the ticketing system. Including TBB BQM graphs and a PingPlotter result during a problem period.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122073.0.html
HaydnExport
Grafter

I have requested my mac code , what would be best for me to do , phone or online ?  I wouldn't mind a router as a spare either in case mine went wonky.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Depends if you particularly want to keep your old account or not. If not (that'd be easier and faster) give our sales team a ring and they'll get things going for you.
HaydnExport
Grafter

Not bothered about old account , whatever would be easier / faster suits me down to the ground !  I remember why i left bt for you in the first place now !
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Matt If he uses a new account will (can) the link from the forums to his account be updated. Otherwise he'll face the continual issue of Plusnet people not being able to find his account after he posts on here.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm in the process of being "reactivated" on an old account. This appears to have involved a fair bit of manual intervention by PN staff.  Lips_are_sealed
(hopefully switching on Monday, fingers crossed)