cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got 135 kbps speed and this lousy fault reporting tool!

culdesac
Dabbler

Re: I've got 135 kbps speed and this lousy fault reporting tool!

You really don't need three speedtests to prove a 135Kbps IP Profile, but ultimately (even though it sucks) the MAx service is performing as it's designed to and your speeds should return within 2-3 days.

Like I said before though it'll only return to normal if the original fault that caused the drop goes away in the meantime.  So, the only advice I've got is keep my fingers crossed.
Is it even worth raising a fault?
James
Grafter

Not really tbh.
culdesac
Dabbler

haha  Cheesy  At least you're honest. 
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Sorry - have to agree with Jameseh here.
If you have migrated to SKY broadband, then there is no point raising a ticket at all, you are in effect no longer a customer of PlusNet, and therefore any speed issues you did have are now null and void.

If you have line issues then they will move with you regardless of who you are with - you will be fortunate enough though to be moving to LLU so you won't be bound by the same bRAS IP profiling as it works in a different way to IPSTREAM Max, however as I said, if you have problems with the physical properties of the line causing intermittent faults, you will still be affected.

Roger

culdesac
Dabbler

Quote from: rogerloxton
If you have migrated to SKY broadband, then there is no point raising a ticket at all, you are in effect no longer a customer of PlusNet, and therefore any speed issues you did have are now null and void.

I'm still a customer until it's transferred over.  I'm told it can take up to 15 days so I've every reason to want it looked into.  Or are you under the impression that I'm already with Sky and having a moan for the sake of it?  Obviously if I'd transfered already then it's nothing to do with Plusnet.
Surely there are acceptable of levels of service that I can expect regardless of whether there is a transfer going through or not.  I'm connected at old ISDN speeds at the moment with no recourse but to wait it out and 'maybe' get a resolution in a few days time.  I can't beleive it's not possible to get the IP profiling sorted sooner than waiting for an automatic process to kick in.
It's a shame that people are so willing to just accept situations like this these days with a shrug.

zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: culdesac
I can't beleive it's not possible to get the IP profiling sorted sooner than waiting for an automatic process to kick in.

Just to comment on this one part - the whole IP profiling issue is in the hands of BT.  While Plusnet can kick their 'copy' of the profile at their end, you will still be limited by the DSLAM equipment that is installed in your exchange and owned/operated by BT.
I have not heard of a single circumstance where Plusnet have been able to override this setting on the DSLAMs at all - it's simply not possible.
B.
Not applicable

Quote from: HPsauce
Well good luck with Sky. Is that on their LLU service?
If not it will be over the exact same equipment as now with the exact same speed and limitations.  Embarrassed

I suspect its their LLU service the OP is moving to - there is mention of Sky being "dirt cheap" for 40GB, which implies the 'Mid' product @£5 per month.
The only other product they have for 40GB is @£17/mth, which is cheaper than PNs offerings for 40GB a month, but hardly 'dirt cheap'
Not applicable

Quote from: culdesac
Quote from: rogerloxton

I'm still a customer until it's transferred over.  I'm told it can take up to 15 days so I've every reason to want it looked into.  Or are you under the impression that I'm already with Sky and having a moan for the sake of it?  Obviously if I'd transfered already then it's nothing to do with Plusnet.

Seems badly phrased, although he does have a point.
Once the gaining ISP has used the MAC code, BT Wholesale won't allow anybody to raise a fault on the line as the migration prevents them from doing so.
If you haven't used your MAC yet, you could get PN to follow it up and get the fault resolved, but if SKY have used the MAC, PN won't be able to raise anything with BTW to get this resolved.
So, yes you are a customer, but from BT's point of view, PN don't really own the asset [line] any more.
culdesac
Dabbler

Right that makes things *much* clearer.  Anyway, I've actually managed to raise a ticket now so I'll see what happens.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Presumably the OP thinks that they get special treatment if they raise a ticket and ask for a MAC code and say they are moving elsewhere?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."