cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been fibre conned

rowtheboat

I've been fibre conned

So I joined Plusnet Unlimited about 10 days ago and now I find p2p is shaped, capped, limited, throttled, call it what you will. My choice was based on the information available to a prospective customer on the website Plusnet.net. No mention of limiting there. In fact you judge 'Truly unlimited broadband with no monthly usage limit letting you browse and download around the clock'. What would you take from that?. So I phoned, twice, one said it was limited and one said it wasn't. On a 77mb line utorrent tops out at 3mb. I am angry but more disappointed that I have been misled. The Advertising Standards Authority has very clear rules on this and about making people aware in adverts etc. So what to do. Do I cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations? Or do I look to Plusnet to honour their words. Stay tuned.
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: I've been fibre conned

There's other users seeing way, way, way higher utorrent speeds than that on fibre Unlimited
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
picbits
Rising Star

Staff have publicly stated on both here and on HUKD that there is no bandwidth throttling on torrents (or anything) with the unlimited packages.
Are you sure you're being throttled ? What happens when you try to do a speedtest while you are having the torrent speed issues ?
thomasjc1
Grafter

i have been with plusnet fibre for around a month now and torrents fly its totally unlimited
picbits
Rising Star

P.s. the other packages that aren't the "Unlimited" are throttled during peak times - maybe the staff you spoke to thought you meant these packages.
AndyH
Grafter

Try this test and post the results http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/#tools
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

P2P aren't throttled on Unlimited, in tests I've hit 8MB/s down
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Blim
Grafter

bla
thomasjc1
Grafter

Well in utorrent I can get speeds right up to 9mb/s have had 9.6mb/s a couple times
Blim
Grafter

I used to have a 9.1MB/s connection once.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi rowtheboat,
I've checked over your profile and connection and everything is set correctly on your account. We'll check over your line and update ticket #67441126 with our findings.