cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ( use to ) want to quit trial

scootie
Grafter

I ( use to ) want to quit trial

k well ive lost whole days gaming due to bad lag its not just in game's as well.
the friends list on NXE been taking ages to load. voice chat is broken to the point i cant tell what any ones saying.
when i click xbox live in cod waw. my class setups dont load for donekys and it even say's downloading setup at the bottom of the screen when it does this i have never seen this before.
o.k your saying well it's not going to be the 21cn network at fault and i agree as my download speed is normal for 21cn the only thing thats changed since yestraday is my upload will not sync above 800 at the snr is at 10db for upsync. my pings are normal today from computer not like last nights brief blip http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75939.0.html
ive tinkerd with every thing i could at my end for over 3 hours. tested 2 xbox's the cable's. 2 diffrent firmwares on the router, the list goes on and on.
i wouldnt like to think its PN's network effecting only the xbox. but i cant see how BTw's 21cn network would effect just the xbox traffic.
Any way every thing was fine for 2 years before going on the trial and   only ever had problems since the trial. i would just like to be moved back to the old equipment in my exchange if that is possable with the max preminum add on which iam still paying for at the mo. i have tried g.dmt mode on the trial and thats the same so for my pieace of mind i want my old dslam back Cry :'(.
when's jameseh back on board? i feel this is going to take jameseh's dogged perseverance to sort
128 REPLIES 128
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: I want to quit trial

Why not raise a fault ticket to get this problem investigated? The purpose of a trial is to find problems and get them solved as a vanguard for the larger numbers of users to come, and in time probably everyone using BT Wholesale products.
Something must have provoked the DLM into raising the upstream target noise margin. Whether that is internal or external to your property you cannot be sure that moving back to maxDSL will eliminate that problem. You mentioned trying different firmware on your router, but have you also tried a different router? Of course, if the problem was transient the DLM should reduce upstream target again, and hopefully without a long wait.
David
David
scootie
Grafter

thanks for the input spraxyt but i have spent 3 hours make sure all is gd my end. only got a voyager 210 which isnt adsl2+
yes its trial and i was expecting a problem or 2 but sync's are down, pings are messed up.
and raising a fault ticket about only xbox being effected is just going to get a reply of.  well you your self no what sort of reply that would get.
iam just not in the mood to play ticekt tennis. if iam going to be play tennis i want the winners trophy to be my old dslam
scootie
Grafter

o.k. time to crawl on my hands and knees and ask for forgiveness Grin
just dug out the v 210 to test xbox on and all was fine. so switched back to netgear to see what setting was awol and the dam thing has given up the ghost.
wouldnt start. the ethernet light is lit up with laptop connected but no other lights on. tried to reset it and acess the router login but no go.
seems what ever fault it had before it died was only effecting the ethernet ports
will have to  get a new wireless router tomoro as this no wireless is doing my head in allready after only 5 mins
asbo waits to be tarred and feathered for stupidity
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The upstream target noise margin has nothing whatsoever to do with the X-Box. There's another example here where the value is 9dB now though that user recently had a noisy line fault and might now have a broadband fault.
The Voyager 210 is supposed to support ADSL2/2+.
[quote=http://www.voyager.bt.com/wired_routers/voyager_210/downloads/BT%20Voyager%20210%20Product%20Specifications.pdf]
Pre-configured for UK ADSL services. Future proof with ADSL2+ support up to 24Mbit/s.
Main Features
ADSL2/2+ ready. Supports data rate up to 24Mbps downstream and 3 Mbps upstream
By the way I think Jameseh should be back on Monday.
David
David
scootie
Grafter

yeah it sync'ed on adsl2. bein so long sice i used it i have even forgot its passwords luckly the line stats dosent need password to get at
scootie
Grafter

what wireless routers would you put on my to buy list and not to buy list.
bearing in mind i like the dg834g v4 for its broadcom chip
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Glad to hear you found the problem.  Smiley Is the upstream noise margin still 9/10dB with the Voyager?
David
David
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I have a DG834G V4 and reckon it is one of the best. I think the current model is the V5 which I believe has a different chip-set, not sure how capable that is.
David
David
lenseman
Grafter

I use the Netgear DG834N. It gives a fast lan speed of up to 270mps and great strength of signal over a long range. The downside is that to get full benefit you would need "N" adaptors in all you equipment, this can initially make it rather expensive. But in the summer in your garden with a lager and a laptop you soon forget the price!
John B.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: ASBO
o.k. time to crawl on my hands and knees and ask for forgiveness Grin

Can we see a picture of this Wink
so switched back to netgear to see what setting was awol and the dam thing has given up the ghost.
wouldnt start. the ethernet light is lit up with laptop connected but no other lights on. tried to reset it and acess the router login but no go.

My old dg824 did the same and then 10 mins later it went pop in a cloud of smoke  Crazy
asbo waits to be tarred and feathered for stupidity

tempting as it is, I think it's illegal  Sad  Tongue  Kiss
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Poor old ASBO, have a few of my picks

scootie
Grafter

i must of banged my head as i went into pc world and currys as ive come home with a belkin Crazy
well to be honest didnt have much say in the matter as the dg group seem to have a big contract with belkin as there wasnt much else to choice from.
all the adsl netgears where gone in pc world and only one left in currys and the box had no seal on it looked like it had been used as a football was most likely a v4 as well due to the age of the box.
so took a gamble on the belkin n150 as the family where doing my head in this morning having to bring there laptops downstairs and cue up for a go on the only ethernet port on the voyager 210 Grin
well fired up the belkin and boy i wish i had kicked that netgear all the way home now Cry
1 belkin n 150 soon to be on ebay any one who dosent like to have full control of there router then bid away or i will return with a good excuse to get my monney back and buy a netgear. free rental Grin
O and also the belkin likes to report 61db atten(was 49-51db) down power at 100 an somthing Grin
Type Fast Path   
  Status SHOWTIME   
    Downstream Upstream

Data rate(Kbps) 3068Kb 803Kb

Noise Margin 14 9

Output power(dBm) 126 168

Attenuation(dB) 61 28

SEWERWOLF
Grafter

you should be able to take it back to PC world, belkin have always had issues with XBL, just tell them you could not connect to XBL.
adie:quote
scootie
Grafter

gave xbl a quick test abit ago and seemed fine. but thats one excuse to get me back with netgear.
shall we run competion for the best excuse to give on return of belkin to currys
pings are also lower by 2ms on the belkin both wireless and cable. but just to counter attack that + . i cant see any error stats for my line