Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think we've got a fault!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: I think we've got a fault!

To really understand what is happening here, one also needs to see the synch speed and to know the TARGET SNRM for the line.
When a resynch occurs, the equipment will seek t attain the best synch speed at the target SNRM (typically 6db) given the current background noise level.  Thereafter if the noise level decreases, the SNRM will rise, if the noise level increases, the SNRM will fall.  If it falls too lw, a resynch will be performed as described above - at a yet lower speed.
This is why if you do a controlled resynch whilst the SNRM is high, the new connection is usually at slower SNRM but higher synch speed.
The step changes in SNRM on the last graph could have been resynchs.  Your line shows pronounced suspectibility to night time MW interferance.  Also there s a marked level of background twitch!
@Matt, has a full copper test been done for this line?  What I the AC balance like?  Is an RF3 filter likely to be helpful?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wykehamhouse
Grafter

Target SNRM is 6dB currently.
Engineer came on Friday and fitted vDSL filter (MK 2) with RF filter built-in. He's building a case for a REIN engineer who should be coming over within a week.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Engineer said AC balance was VERY good.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi,
Been doing some reading around the forums for you.  Look at ths one - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111551.msg993532.html#msg993532 - note also reply 79, 110 and understand why I suggested you do not get your hopes set too high.
Not until you've had multiple visits might you start to get traction on BTOR doing a serious investigation.  The pulse test is a new one on me - you might care to mention it to the next engineer.
Reply 80 is most informative - I guess my passing train REIN problem should more correctly be called SHINE!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Susie
Engineer came on Friday and fitted vDSL filter (MK 2) with RF filter built-in. He's building a case for a REIN engineer who should be coming over within a week.

Good news if a REIN case has been built, attentions will now be focused on this and getting it resolved.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quick update for anyone interested: REIN fault still being processed/investigated by BT Openreach. I'm told that there is a big backlog of REIN faults currently, hence the delay.
I should hopefully be hearing something this coming week (*fingers crossed*).
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Still no progress on this - *sigh*.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'm guessing the issue is still apparent? I've just checked the fault ticket and can see we've updated it but I've the feeling we may need to pass them?