cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I suddenly have connection

reece251
Grafter

I suddenly have connection

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but my engineer appointment is between 8am and 1pm today it is now 8:25 and I have dial tone now when I couldn't get a dial tone before does this mean that the engineer has externally connected my line. If this is the case will iI be contacted to say it's been done without needing accessto the property. Also could you place my broadband order aASAP as it lookslike the engineer has done his job
9 REPLIES 9
BigTabs
Grafter

Re: I suddenly have connection

It could be one of two things you could be right and the engineer is doing his job or your previous company have cut you off
Hope that helps
BigTabs
Grafter

Just re read your post I would contact plusnet
Hope that helps
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Engineer cuts off your phone line for a bit, then re connects it.  He comes to your property and does the rest  of the installation.
(Your Engineer won't be able to install the router, only the modem. He can instal a bt hub 3 if you have one)
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
reece251
Grafter

I'm having broadband down the telephone line. So apparently my broadband will go live in 5-7 working days time. So what's the rest of the installation? I thought now I have a dial tone everything has been completed and I just have to wait for my broadband to complete
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

What package did you order? FIbre or ADSL?
I was talking about Fibre FTTC
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
reece251
Grafter

Ahh I thought so I'm using adsl
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

So why did you need an engineer if its ADSL, its the case of waiting for activation date and plug in your supplied equipment.
reece251
Grafter

Well it seems that my pphone line has become active. Just a bit dissapointed to not be told that an engineer won't need access to my property. How long will it take normally for an engineer to confirm he has done his work to plus net so they can place my broadband order
reece251
Grafter

The engineer popped his head in and fitted a new socket and said my broadband would be activated todayeven tho pplus net say 5-7 working days after the engineer has arrived