Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confuddled ??

Discord
Grafter

I'm confuddled ??

I'm on BBYW Pro paying £19.55 pm.
My exchange is DSL2 enabled.  I raised a ticked to ask how I arrange a transfer.  This is the response:-
"To be eligible to ADSL2+ you would need to move over to the Plusnet Pro package. This would increase your monthly payments from £19.55 to £19.99 and we will then process the upgrade for you with one of our bulk requests."
So .. what package am I on?  What's the difference?
btw, I've just moved house.  Is it wise to move move to DSL2 before my 10 days training is over or should I wait and see how my current connection pans out?  I already know I'm at the max range from my exchange.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: I'm confuddled ??

Unfortunately that answer is correct. At present only the new products include ADSL2.
Not sure if the trial is still open to all users.
I would get your ten days training out of the way before asking for a move. This will also allow you to assess whether you will get much faster speeds on ADSL2 or just a load of hastle if you are on a long line
Discord
Grafter

Yup.  I think waiting until I've resolved my current post move speed problems is a good idea.
Nothing is ever simple.  Spent what seems like years sorting out my connection at my old house.  back to square one.  I was sooo hoping that I'd plug in my router and say "oh, that's nice".
Sigh
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just realised - you have a line with 61dB attenuation - unless you really want the faster upstream speeds don't touch ADSL2.
Have a read of Asbo's thread and weep  Cry
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75667.0.html
Discord
Grafter

Thanks Jim.  I'd just realised I was being thick too and it's the attenuation that I should be concerned about.  I'll have a look at that thread.
Think I need to speak to support though.  I'm actually nearer to my exhange than before and my previous att was around 30.  Think we have a problem!
scootie
Grafter

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75667.msg664500.html#msg664500
i would start at this point in the thread, as i stayed synced for 30 days staright with fingers crossed that the DLM would see 12db noise margin is perfect for my line, but no it trys to be a hero and lowers it 9db with loads of errors and then bangs me straight to 15db on a banded profile with a top end of 3072kbps sync.
its done this to me before it never learns, the dlm dosent seem to go back up the noise margin ladder in steps but just passes go and startight to jail
Discord
Grafter

and how to I ascertain what my target SNR is?  Or what the DLM has set for me?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Check your router stats immediately after restarting the router. The noise margin you see then will be your target (3, 6, 9, … up to 18dB I think).
David