cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to ring the helpline before my internet comes on

Wolfykins

I have to ring the helpline before my internet comes on

I have been with Plusnet since October (five months) and over the past few weeks have not been able to access the internet without called the Plusnet helpline. The green internet light will be off, I dial the helpline number, after a minute or so it comes on. This is an emerging pattern and despite a BT health check which showed no problems at the exchange with our line Plusnet cannot find any explanation.
What can I do?
3 REPLIES 3
skimanant

Re: I have to ring the helpline before my internet comes on

Ask for credit on the months this happens. Broadband should "always be on".
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum Wolfykins Smiley
Have you tried a different router as your current one may have a fault.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wolfykins,
I suspect it's you using the phone that makes the broadband work, rather than the fact that you're calling us. That can be indicative of a line fault, but could also mean there's a loop on the internal wiring.
Please try plugging the router into the master socket (where the line comes into the premises) with a single microfilter, and unplug everything else from the line. If you can get to the test socket (behind the master socket front plate) then better still.
If the service still fails there then it's likely there's a line fault, however if it works try plugging things back in one by one until you see the router light go off again - then you've found your culprit.
Hope that helps,