cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have someone else's details in my connection settings

alext05
Grafter

I have someone else's details in my connection settings

I had fibre installed on Tuesday and since then enjoyed speeds of up to 73Mbps. But I came home today from work to discover email from Plusnet saying "Your product change is now complete" and your estimate speed is 36 Mbps.
I though, that is very strange. Did a test on TBB to discover that indeed I cannot go over 36 Mbps. Go into my Plusnet account and lo and behold, in my Current and Estimated line speeds I have 37 and 36 Mb respectively.
After getting over the initial annoyance I noticed that the data is for a different telephone number for someone in Benton (I am in London).
Great Plusnet, give a new customer a proper welcome. Now waiting on their wretched support phone line to give them a hairdryer treatment. Not impressed at all.
Raises a question if the system is compomised and if I can see any other personnal details or who can see my details.
10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: I have someone else's details in my connection settings

Hi there.
I've had a look over your account and I can't see why that was done. The change was made by a member of staff who soon realised his mistake and that has now been changed back.
With regards to the e-mail that was sent due to the initial issues with the first order we placed your account was still on a ADSL account and not a fibre account.
This was changed this afternoon but it changed the current line speed to the wrong value. That's been changed now and if you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect the speeds should be back in order.
Really sorry for any inconvenience or distress caused
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
alext05
Grafter

Thanks, Matthew. I'll do so in a minute. Got to your helpline at the same time too, after some considerable waiting, but let them know that you are making changes. Just one more thing, the phone number and exchange is still displaying incorrect info. Will this be fixed too? Also, I was getting speeds of up to 73Mb and the Estimated line speed is displaying 36, as per other person. will this be amended too. Thanks again Alex
alext05
Grafter

Hi Matthew. Unfortunately, still getting 36Mb.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=138722275372662923503
Rebooted and then even switched off my router for a couple of minutes - no effect. The info is still incorrect. Can you please indicate how long this is likely to take to fix, as I am now off your helpline and do not fancy another 45 minute waiting.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

In case you are wondering, Benton is here in Newcastle upon Tyne  Wink 
Hope you got your issues sorted
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Looks like the account got stuck with the wrong number when we upgraded the account to Fibre.
I've just fiddled with the details in question and it should now be displaying the correct details
This shouldn't have kept the speeds slow after the changes I made though
If you can run through our troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net we'll look into this
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
alext05
Grafter

Quote from: NorthEasterner
In case you are wondering, Benton is here in Newcastle upon Tyne  Wink 
Hope you got your issues sorted

On reflection, I guess this is one hell of an achievement to get 36Mb in London from an exchange in Newcastle. Wink
alext05
Grafter

Thanks, Matthew. Details are correct now but not the speeds. I guess I'll have to go throuth the troubleshooter.
The only other thing that I can see is that on the View My usage page it says the Your current billing period: Dec 16 2013 - Dec 22 2013. Would this have an impact on my payments, ect?
alext05
Grafter

Ok, a quick update. My speeds seems to be coming back but are very erratic at the moment going up and down. I guess I might be in a new retrainig period now but will see over the next few days. Plusnet's own speed test gives me only 7Mb for some reason, way below 70+Mb I am getting from speedtest.net. Broken? Could have done without this palaver.
I hope someone in Benton had a better day.
alext05
Grafter

Thanks again, Matthew. Very impressed with the help provided by Plusnet staff on the forums. All the best.
picbits
Rising Star

Plusnets own speed tester is indeed rather flaky !
I get the most consistent speeds with speedtest.net
You'll also find that speed testing via wireless is very variable as well - always test with a wired connection if you can.