cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have FTTC but account says I have Plusnet Extra

CuBz
Grafter

I have FTTC but account says I have Plusnet Extra

I was on Plusnet Extra (Standard Broadband), but when I moved home I upgraded to FTTC (Extra). I am supposed to have 120GB monthly usage, but my account says I have 60GB.
Can a member of staff please fix this.
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
CuBz
Grafter

Re: I have FTTC but account says I have Plusnet Extra

Anyone?Huh
I had it installed yesterday and I am also only receiving 10Mb speed, when I was given an estimate of 35Mb for my area. I was told it takes up to 24 hours to get the right speed, but I am worried that I am only getting this because plusnet have not changed my order yet.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI CuBz,
Seems this has been rectified now and your account is showing the correct usage. Just to let you know, although we sometimes come on the forums over the weekend, we only officially monitor them Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm.
Jojo Smiley
CuBz
Grafter

Sorry I thought you were all online at weekends too, thanks for letting me know.
I have another problem. I am having problems with the new Netgear router. I am having trouble connecting to it from some devices. It connects just fine to my laptop, but I have a Technika Smartbox 8320HD box, and it cannot connect to the Netgear router. It will connect to my old router but just will not connect to the Netgear one. I contacted FetchTv who the box belongs to, and they said I would need to contact plusnet. I have tried changing many settings in the router configurarion, such as mode, channel, l also disabled the encryption but it still would not connect, even when I disabled WPS.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi CuBz,
Have you made sure UPnP is enabled on the router? It's in the advanced section on the router interface.
Jojo Smiley
CuBz
Grafter

Ye that was one of the first things i did
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm not sure what the default SSID is on the PlusNet supplied netgear routers but try changing it to a reasonably short one ( say 8 characters ). I know the old TG585 routers had long SSID's and some devices had trouble with them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CuBz
Grafter

I have changed the SSID a few times and the shortest one was 7 characters long, still no luck tho Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi CuBz,
Is it a wired or wireless connection? When you say it can't connect, do you get a message, how do you know it's not connected. I guess what I'm trying to say is can you give me as much information as you can; what you're doing, how you're doing it, what have you tried. That kind of thing.
Jojo Smiley
CuBz
Grafter

It's a wireless Netgear router. When I try to connect my box to the router, it says "Asking for Connection" then says "Unable to Connect".
I have tried changing the channel, changing the SSID, changed the encrypted key and disabled the encrypted key.
CuBz
Grafter

I have it working now.
I simply downgraded the firmware of the router to a previous version and it worked straight away.
Still having speed problems but that is being resolved by someone else.
Thanks for your help