cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel mislead!!!

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I feel mislead!!!

I recently opeted to sign up for a 12 month contract even though i have been with Plusnet since Feb 2008. I was using an old router which was letting me down a bit.
Instead of sending me the BT Voyager 2110 (as pictured on the websire) I have received a Thomson TG585. Which i was NOT expecting.
I feel a little let down here, is this router any good before i open the box up?
8 REPLIES 8
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: I feel mislead!!!

Most users would consider the TG585V7 to be a far superior Router to the old BT2110. It has a solid reputation for stability and though it doesn't support DMT for tweaking the SNR setting, most users would not miss this facility.
YMMV though...
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Thats all i need to know, cheers for the input
chillypenguin
Grafter

Also does the web site name the router, that you will receive  anywhere, or was it just a guess from the picture?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
We've been supplying Thomson kit for a couple of months now, and overall customers and staff seem to be pretty impressed with the ease of setup and use.
I personally use a Thomson Speedtouch router, and prefer it over many other makes I've had in the past (including Netgear and Voyager kit).
We can probably dig out a Voyager from the office if you'd prefer, but I'd stick with the Thomson personally. Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

WHOA WHOA hang on there, its just fine thanks. Working a treat
🙂
Mand
Grafter

LOL.
Glad to hear it. Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Although.............if anyone from plusnet is there.......listening perhaps????
This 'new' router seems to have added to my PS3 gaming woes.
Can someone please tell me that it is EA's severs that are at fault with FIFA09 and Treyarch's with COD5, or if ISP's are to blame for being unable to connect to friends.
BEFORE ANYONE PIPES UP WITH 'PORT FORWARDING' AND 'DMZ', TRIED THEM ALL.  DOES NOT WORK FOR ME
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I know others are having issues with with Fifa and are reporting it's EA servers.
Don't know if COD5 on the PS3 has had it's signatures added so the traffic is profiled correctly or not.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'