cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I despair

Despair
Dabbler

I despair

After 10 years you closed our account. All I did was report a fault on the line. Email addresses gone, emails gone. Many, many phone calls later, longest were 1hour 10 minutes and 2 hours 33 minutes - pushed from pillar to post. Left with no option, but to open a new plusnet account.
Weeks later, still no consistent connection - another 3 days without connection?
Engineer coming Monday.
27 REPLIES 27
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: I despair

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Despair,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and can completely understand your frustration. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. We do our utmost best to resolve any query as quickly as possible and I am sorry this wasn't the case with you.

Please do get back in touch with us after the engineer visit so we can review the account and make sure things are put right.

Thank you for your patience. - Faris

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@Beyhive 

With respect this response does nothing to address the root cause of the problem.  Erroneous account closure has been occurring at random for some months and little appears to be being done to rectify either the reason it is happening nor putting a fix in place to restart the account.

Requesting the User to contact Plusnet to progress a Plusnet initiated problem is a bit insulting.  What active steps are Plusnet making to ensure ALL of the known little foibles  surrounding opening a new account in these circumstances have been addressed prior to the service being enabled by BT Openreach.

It's a Plusnet problem to drive! 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Despair
Dabbler

Nobody knew what to do, hence the length and quantity, of the phone calls.
The low points were "well we are where we are" from the cancellations dept and, from new accounts: 5 - 14 days for reconnection and, under the quoted T&C's "we can cancel accounts with 28days notice" - I suppose that's better than no notice period.
The only definative answer I received, was from Technical "we cannot recover your emails or email addresses".
Why has the responsibility and time spent fallen on me, to rectify this shambles, it's just pitiful.
Roll on Monday.
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@Despair wrote:
The only definitive answer I received, was from Technical "we cannot recover your emails or email addresses".

I think it is worth challenging this statement!  It may not be easy, but it should be possible.

Why has the responsibility and time spent fallen on me, to rectify this shambles, it's just pitiful.
Roll on Monday.

😒  I'd better not respond on this point and await a Plusnet response.

Despair
Dabbler

Engineer arrived - went to exchange.
Still no internet access, although I now have the internet light on the router.
Another 45minutes on the phone to Plusnet.
I will be contacted by the faults team within 72 hours. I wonder what constitutes a priority?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Despair - thanks for the update, I can see that you've recently contacted one of my colleagues.

Just to clarify - when you open a browser window and type in 192.168.1.254 does the router's menu screen show your username or the generic setup@ username?

If you reset the router using the pinhole reset facility on the back of the router, does this change?

If you manually change your account password via the Member Centre and then change this within the router's menu (as per the above) does this help?

The engineer notes (and a further test of your line) seems to indicate that the external fault has been resolved by the engineer, so it's likely worth narrowing this down in the interim whilst our faults team investigate this for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Despair
Dabbler

If you reset the router, it resets to the generic username.
Whatever characters you put in the username and password boxes (or leave blank) is accepted and will show the internet status as connected.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Despair,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please try resetting the router again today and then entering the correct username and password - if this doesn't resolve the issue, I'll get you another router sent out.

Thanks

Dave

Despair
Dabbler

I've tried an alternative router, previously.
Just tried again - website page came up - then "problem loading page unable to connect". Couldn't connect again.
This is what happened yesterday, after the engineer managed to get the green internet light on the plusnet router.
Despair
Dabbler

As I said to your colleague yesterday - after the engineer got the green internet light back on the router, I have a message on the connection status page:
"You may be subject to a BT network outage". Even though it shows the status as "Connected".
Despair
Dabbler

Noise margin all over the place: 6/6, 7/6, 10/9, 22/6, 6/27
Despair
Dabbler

Router internet light now off.
The failing of the connection reported the 9th November. Complete loss of broadband service from 29th November.

Despair
Dabbler

Why is this listed as fixed!!