cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot reply to the questions/answers in my account and I have an issue with my broadband

deirdreharris

I cannot reply to the questions/answers in my account and I have an issue with my broadband

27/10/16

Dear Andrew and helpdesk team,

Thank you for your email. My contact phone number is xxxxx xxxxxx.

I am unsure why an engineer is required to check my equipment. I have checked the equipment following the Plusnet guidance on several occasions including last night and the fault that shows is as follows:

“No WAN IP address; no connection.”

Virgin Media are working in the area and a fault developed last week when that work commenced. OpenReach was contacted and the fault was supposed to have been repaired by 23.59.59 on 25th October. This fault has been repaired, according to OpenReach, yet my broadband is still unavailable.

I am available on Saturday 29th October or Friday 4th November.

I am very disappointed that Plusnet has not been more diligent in rectifying this issue and I will be seeking compensation.

Regards,

Deirdre Harris

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Mobile number removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: I cannot reply to the questions/answers in my account and I have an issue with my broadband

Welcome to the community forums @deirdreharris

Although I appreciate you may have tested your equipment, testing your connection is not indicating an external fault. As such, our suppliers have requested we book an engineer as the next step.

I see initially a phone fault was found, reported and later (26/10/16) came back as resolved. Following this, the problems with the broadband were still apparent and a broadband fault was reported today.

I'm sorry you feel we have not been diligent in rectifying this issue, however we have raised the fault with our suppliers and in turn we have advised that the response from our suppliers, requests that we book an engineer to investigate further.

Are you not able to respond to the ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=136488168

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
deirdreharris

Re: I cannot reply to the questions/answers in my account and I have an issue with my broadband

Thanks Harry. That now makes sense to me. I am unable to respond to the ticket on my account hence why I resorted to the forum. My work access does not allow me to reply to the ticket although I am able to read it. I gave you my mobile so that you can send me text messages which I can reply to in a more timely manner when I am not at work. My issue re the response was that I actually reported a broadband fault, rather than a phone line fault. It was yourselves that identified the external phone line fault and I guess made the assessment that this was also causing the broadband fault. Since Virgin media are busy digging up the roads and interfering with the phone lines and broadband I would have thought that it would have made sense to deal with both issues concurrently. Hey ho.

deirdreharris

Dear Harry,

I should also have asked what is the next step? Who will let me know when an engineer is coming out to my property?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@deirdreharris wrote:

I am unable to respond to the ticket on my account hence why I resorted to the forum. My work access does not allow me to reply to the ticket although I am able to read it. I gave you my mobile so that you can send me text messages which I can reply to in a more timely manner when I am not at work.

Sorry, I'm not sure why two-way texting wasn't enabled on the last text message we sent. I've resent this ensuring two-way texting is enabled so you can respond via text.

@deirdreharris wrote:

My issue re the response was that I actually reported a broadband fault, rather than a phone line fault. It was yourselves that identified the external phone line fault and I guess made the assessment that this was also causing the broadband fault. Since Virgin media are busy digging up the roads and interfering with the phone lines and broadband I would have thought that it would have made sense to deal with both issues concurrently. Hey ho.

Although it would be nice if we could do that, it's not possible to raise both a broadband and phone fault at the same time. Generally problems with broadband are more noticeable, but if there is a phone fault, it's quite likely the phone fault is causing the problems with the broadband. As such, we'd always investigate/resolve phone faults first as this would, generally speaking, usually also fix the symptoms seen with the broadband.

If you could respond with your availability to the text message I've sent out and let me know once you've done so, we'll make sure an appointment is booked and let you know via the ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet