cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get bt speedtest to run

Addnan
Grafter

Re: I cannot get bt speedtest to run

I don't know if this is the same problems you guys are having, but my speedtester has lost the plot.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 10986328 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7040 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6000 Kbps

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I think I might have broken the record.....
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Nah!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro

Shocked
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Addnan
Grafter

BT are doing some superfibre tests in my area Lips_are_sealed
I just downloaded something at 900 KB/s. Way too fast for me. I get around 400KB/s at this time.
Daffy101
Dabbler

Most of the time using speednet tests i get 340-360kbps and the upload speed pretty much the same. I have replaced most of the cables connecting everything with no luck. I have noticed that i seem to sometimes get between 6 and 8% packet loss depending on where i send pings to and this is even with a laptop connected by ethernet connected to the modem and that connected straight into the master socket in the test socket I have no idea what could be causing this but plusnet have tested the line and tell me there isn't any fault on it so i'm pretty much stumped for now.
Addnan
Grafter

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1255580 Kbps
I think the actual speed is if I divide it by 10000000.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Do I win a prize? Wink
I've not seen any system outage emails from Wholesale yet so I'll look to get this raised to BT this morning.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Daffy101
Dabbler

Still no change on the BT speedtest program and from the fantasy speeds shown here i think it is and will always be broken sadly no change in my connection speed either .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Are people still having problems? I've not heard from Wholesale however a test I've just run returned normal results.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

w23
Pro

Back to normal for me:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5123 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :6652 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 832 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 13.59:25.28:61.14 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
Call me 'w23'
Daffy101
Dabbler

I still have had no luck and after trying a friends pc and router on my connection it still returns the error that it can't find my phone number so thats now 6 PC's 4 routers and a whole new assortment of cables and replacement NIC's but no one knows why the speedtester doesn't work or why my connection is so damn awful thanks for trying to help though i have one last test to try here and then i will have to consider cancelling a service that fails to perform as it should.
Just tried a family members phone line and account details and it worked so why isnt it working for my phone number? surely that proves there is a problem
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Daffy101, I think Chris may have PM'd you to suggest the same but try leaving the telephone number field blank and instead enter the service ID as CBUK13934431.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Daffy101
Dabbler

Thanks for the response sadly it didn't work either but using my connection and the another family members phone number and details it worked again straight after and before so i'm off to have a cup of tea and try to think of anything else i havent checked my end to do with the connection speed I've given up on the test ever working for my number now Smiley
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Why is the Speed Test facility on broadband connection no longer working ?  It says that the licence has expired and I should contact my ISP !  Strange ?