cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't view my broadband usage?

deefadog
Grafter

I can't view my broadband usage?

I am on my second month with plusnet (moved from MAAF) and everytime i go to view my usage i get the screen saying -
You don't have any usage data to show right now.
This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing month.
It can take up to 2 hours for your usage to show up - please check again later.
Can anyone help?
19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: I can't view my broadband usage?

You're still connectedon your MAAF details, you need to update the username and password in your router to the Plusnet log in information we sent you. The username will be in the format of username@plusdsl.net.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
deefadog
Grafter

Hi, thanks i forgot to di that.  How do i access the router details? is it via the browser? if so what's the address?
Many thanks
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Via the browser, depends on what your modem/router is, try here for advice http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
deefadog
Grafter

Thanks will have a try
deefadog
Grafter

Ok, i have a problem. I am using firefox and i get a box saying - Authentication Required - Auser name and password are being requested by http://192.168.1.1. ; The website says "Wireless ADSL2+Router"
Now as i moved from MAAF to Plus net, is this my MAAF password or the new plusnet username & passwrod i need to put in here as the plusnet one does not work - going to try and find my MAAF details as i have forgotten them.
Many thanks
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Now as i moved from MAAF to Plus net, is this my MAAF password or the new plusnet username & passwrod

Neither I'm afraid , its the Username and Password required by the router to get into the web configurator. Hopefully its not been changed from the default.
What make & model is the router ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deefadog
Grafter

Thanks - ok, i got it sorted found it.
Now before i start i am on the dynalink panel - BT Voyager 2091 - now the maaf login details are on the 'connect to internet' but it onlt flashes up for a few seconds. and then i get the page saying tat i am connected. So do i have to disconnect, then add the new user name from plusnet? - just wanted to check before i messed it up Smiley
Thanks
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'm not familiar with the Voyager 2091 but here's the Plusnet guide to changing the Username http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/voyager2091_reset.shtml
It seems to imply that the 2091 always tries to automatically connect so your idea of Diconnecting then changing, which is the normal procedure for most routers , may not work.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

BTW in section 7 of the guide, select  'Always on' not  'manual' as the guide is primarily aimed at changing the username for a temporary connection to the BT test login not a permanent change as you are doing.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I see you've already got so far, I got interupted whilst typing , so I'm not editing, follow the second bit.
You aren't on a website, you are at your router interface. If you put in a longer url it may be trying to go to a router page that requires a router login, again it depends on the router. Unless you've altered your router default login (as oppposed to your MAAF/PN login) kitz site should help with default logins to routers (if you get stuck, come back).
Open your browser and just put 192.168.1.1 into the address box and go. That should take you to some sort of "quick start" or "login" page showing boxes for your ISP login name and password. If it requires a Router login first, you'll have to do that first. If it's a Voyager (I'm guessing here) it may go straight on to a status page within a few seconds.
BEFORE you do the next bit I suggest you note the following Your Modemrouter default login name and pwd (or the current pwd if you changed it - if you did and forgot you'll have to do a factory reset, wherever that button is on yours), your current MAAF and new PN login details so you can get back on line with which ever if things don't work correctly.
If you don't have a manual for your router, get one on line before you start making changes. If you got it from PN, try here
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/
If that worked ok, you may not be able to change the broadband login without disconnecting, and most modem/routers try to reconnect within seconds, so I would suggest the powerdown the router, wait a couple of minutes unplug the line, then power up the router and go to the start page, change your details, reboot the router and check you new broadband login name/pwd have been saved, then reconnect the line.
deefadog
Grafter

Hi all, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for all the help & support (especially on a Sunday)
Well i disconnected on the panel screen, entered the plus net user name and passwrod and re-connected and it all seems ok. How do i know it has worked? could some one check.  also do i have to reset the router now?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

We were beginning to get worried there !
How do i know it has worked?

Well, in a little while you presumably ought to be able to see some usage data. Not sure how much behind the data is but if you give it an hour I would guess you should see some usage data.
also do i have to reset the router now?

Not immediately, but its probably a good idea to check that it connects after a reset at sometime, whilst the configuration procedure is fresh in your mind in case
it doesnt.

deefadog
Grafter

Thanks, maybe one of the mods can check i am over Smiley
I'll wait a few hours and see if it works.  `if it does, i'll rest the router as you say.
Many thanks guyz!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

the moderators don't have access to that information.
The only thing we can see is the IP address and I have no idea which gateways MAAF uses