Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can access all websites except one - Repeat Prescriptions Health Care

gregshaw
Rising Star

Re: I can access all websites except one - Repeat Prescriptions Health Care

Thank You

Obviously I can't access your Link as it's on systmonline's website.

Also can you refer to the other Thread

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Cant-access-a-website-that-I-use-regularly/td-p/1417998

gregshaw
Rising Star

Just to put an ending to this thread, the problem has been summed-up perfectly by @Townman .......

The same IP address can be reported as being is various locations by different IP geo data location providers.

Hence the problem is two-fold, neither of which is specifically Plusnet (the same failures occur for other ISPs as well).

1. Geo location data providers 'read' the same registration data differently and report inconsistent information: Plusnet has repeatedly sought to have then correct their failures, such corrections if applied seem only to last for a few months
  2. Users of Geo location data fail to regularly update their reference data, so corrections made by the providers are not getting through to the restricted applications.

It might also be suggested that much of the restrict by geo location practise is totally unnecessary and achieves nothing other than making it difficult for some legitimate users to access the service.

In this case SO (irrespective of their claims) are the 'guilty' party: they are implementing geo location access restrictions where there is no need AND they are using defective data to do so.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

Locked in favour linked topic
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'