I am sick of the Plusnet profile failure to update

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am sick of the Plusnet profile failure to update

Timeline
Resync at  4288kbps  05.40 on 18th Sept
Manual resync 4928kbps 10.28 on 18th Sept
Plusnet profile dropped from 4.3 to 3.7Mb about 12 hours later - well after the sync rate had increased
Router held sync until early this morning when it resynched to 4768kbps
So my sync speed and Ip profile has been well above the Plusnet figure for 3 full days and the profile is still at 3.7Mb
Please fix it and how about an update on your investigations
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: I am sick of the Plusnet profile failure to update

There has been investigation on how to fix the current implementation from our side, obviously we'd still be having the issue where we the new line report isn't generated on the BT system we use though. We've also been investigating a way to remove the need for the line reports and use a different method to calculate the Plusnet profile, for this we need to prove that it works, is cost effective and is better than the current implementation.
I've fixed your account too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Why can't plusnet removed these current line speed and let BT control the customer line speed as BT one is much quickest 88.23% instant and really fed up of plusnet current line speed never updated after 72 hours or more (the same as old 20CN often do this) but had to kept ask this forum to adjust the manual is really annoying exspecially weekend where is there no staff to ajust the profile to match BT one.
The whole updated on plusnet profile isnt work, never is! Please fix it urgently and it suppose to updated every 12 hours not every 72 hours or more.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We've explained this in multiple threads previously, including several where you have been involved in. I understand this is frustrating, and as I've said in my reply in this thread we're looking into a couple of different solutions. Also, it's 88.2% as per my response last night to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
waynem
Grafter

I have to agree with Oldjim  here ...it really gets my goat how long it takes to catch up , but downward wise its straight on it ! Sad
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Indeed, the system does work very efficiently when the sync goes down!  Sad
Every so often my line throws a wobbly and the sync drops, for a short time. So, although I can maintain around 5Mbps sync for most of the time, and the BT profile keeps in step, the PN profile never gets higher than 2·5Mbps.  Angry
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Has something changed
Timeline
30th Sept 17.21 sync dropped from 4768kbps to 4672kbps (upstream dropped from 448kbps to 160kbps but that is another problem)
Spotted the drop next morning and checked the Plusnet current line speed and it was 4.1Mb dropped from 4.2Mb
Manual resync
1st October 10.04 to 4928kbps
Checked the Plusnet Current Line speed this morning and it is 4.3Mb
So following two resyncs - one up and one down both updated on the Plusnet systems within 24 hours
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Mine isn't updated yet with my sync rate 18620k and still got plusnet current line speed stuck at 15.4Mb for a while now. Should be 16.4Mb. I don't know why is Plusnet current line speed get lower pretty fastest than the higher speed. Really fed up with it.
Edit: that's odd as I did BT Speedtester as it say I had sync rate 18620k, BT IP Profile rate 16.43Mb and Plusnet Current Line Speed rate 15.4Mb and I still getting throughput speed of 16.4Mb lol Smiley
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Looks like you've got the rare 'fast' ppp connection, where the PN profile isn't properly applied to you session. Just hope you don't lose sync or ppp link!  Wink
That's RPM to you!!
chesterfield
Grafter

Can I ask the obvious...
Why does the system/profile always get "stuck" when the speed move is upward?    The cynics amongst us would think it is because this helps keep the bandwidth usage down...  Half a meg here and there x 10,000 customers = a fair chunk of central pipes.  Wink
James
Grafter

Just to dispell the conspiracy theory - You would probably still use the same amount of bandwidth and it would be likely to generate calls/tickets/complaints - which does cost us money!
So it's in our best interests to keep you guys happy Smiley
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: chesterfield
Why does the system/profile always get "stuck" when the speed move is upward?

A very good question! It seems to me very very odd that it works perfectly going down, but not at all going up.  Cry
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
chesterfield
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Just to dispell the conspiracy theory - You would probably still use the same amount of bandwidth and it would be likely to generate calls/tickets/complaints - which does cost us money!
So it's in our best interests to keep you guys happy Smiley

Thats if everyone who has a stuck profile notices it, or even understands such things.  Im guessing the number of people raising tickets about stuck profiles is a minority of those who have them.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Jameseh

But you pay for peak capacity, not the total amount of data transferred. If peoples downloads are spread over a longer time period it smooths out the peaks and reduces the maximum capacity you need which saves you money.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: 4C
it works perfectly going down, but not at all going up.   Cry

Generally for me the drop takes two and a half days but the last drop took several to register and even then failed to drop the connection.
Which was good for me but shows that for at least some of us the drops are just as random as the ups.
Quote from: Oldjim
Has something changed

Maybe you've been put on a secret trial.