cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am over whelmed

TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

I am over whelmed

I am just over whelmed at the large amount of info out there regarding routers!  But at the price range I can afford it seems that the info on them is not good.  I need my wireless for a laptop, a printer and an Xbox.  From what I gather I require a DSL N router that is wireless.  The choice is too much for my morphined brain so I am hoping that someone can offer some good advice.  I have gone to the Which report but found it was out of date and confusing (for me anyway) as it didn't separate WAN from DSL and I have no idea what any of it means.  I have been on numerous sites and read so many comments that there is always a problem with all of them.  So I am desperately asking for assistance.  I want to spend about £50, which I would have thought would have brought up a descent router.  Hope you can assist as taking over 300mg morphine a day gets the brain cells very confused
Tony
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: I am over whelmed

Can I suggest you edit your first post to edit the title and add "New Modem/Router wanted - advice please". This should attract some of the experts in this area.
jimbof
Grafter

The most important question - why do you think you need a new one - is there something that the one you have doesn't do?  Or don't you have one?
For example, if you're not particularly technically minded, a Plusnet supplied router which they can configure for you gives a good level of performance, and they can get you up and running easily if you have any issues.
Another example, if you're after massive wireless range, then some of the Asus routers are very good.
Really depends on what it is you have at the moment as a comparison, and what problem you are trying to solve.  A bit more info?
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

Sorry not got back, just got back out of hospital.  Rushed in again as I had a massive pain attack  Embarrassed  The router is not working properly and needs changing.  I have now found one and now am saving up.  The old one just about works on cable, but not on wireless which isn't helping my xbox.  Thank you for your kind attention
Regards
Tony
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you want we could send you a 582n router? It'd just need the postage paying upfront, you'd only need to pay the remainder of it (£40) if you left within 12 months of receiving it.
Let us know.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

THANK YOU,  Would love to go ahead.  HOw do I go about it as it gets me out of a hole and gets my Xbox up and running.  The games help me take my mind of my extreme pain, so I am very grateful
Tony
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thanks for your time on the phone, your router will be within the next few days(taking into account the bank holiday) Let us know how you get on.