cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am Moving to plusnet due to major congestion issues with Sky.

Brutos
Dabbler

I am Moving to plusnet due to major congestion issues with Sky.

So I am currently with Sky who are having horrible issue with congestion, for the pass 4 weeks once it hits 7pm my connection goes from 60Mbps to 0.5 Mbps without fail. I am on thir fibre unlimited package but this doesn't seem very unlimited or fibre speeds. I am within contract but due to my issues they have allowed me to leave and rightly so as they are not providing a service which hey agreed to in the terms and conditions of my contract with them.
Now I have signed up with Plusnet today and would like to know if someone at Plusnet could check my exchange to see if they have any reported issues as I have used to plusnet checker and it does show up my exchange as having capacity issues so I am wondering if the issue is affecting plusnet also.
Exchange is Clapton / LNCLA
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Re: I am Moving to plusnet due to major congestion issues with Sky.

Brutos,
Welcome to PlusNet and the Forums.  In here you will find a lot of experienced PlusNet users who give freely of their time to help others.  None of them work for PN and can have no direct influence on any issue you might encounter, but they will where they can offer sound advice based on experience.
If your issues with SKY were down to the variable state of BTw / BTOR's infrastructure or service management, then you might unfortunately face similar issues with PN.  No ISP can directly fix issues with BTOR's equipment.  If your slow down was due to cross talk on the local circuits then you are equally likely to experience the same again.  If however the issue was related to the "back-haul" (that part of the network from BT to the ISP) then your experience should be different.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brutos
Dabbler

Thanks Kevin, this issue seems to be with Sky customers only and with Skys Backhaul network. So its specifically related to Sky only.
picbits
Rising Star

As above - couldn't have put it better myself. Are others on the same exchange with Sky having the same issues ?
As long as it's not a localised thing specific to you (i.e. radio interference in the street or similar) then hopefully you'll see some vast improvements with Plusnet (plus they are pretty cool and nothing to do with Sky !)
Brutos
Dabbler

This is what i have been dealing with for over a month without fail in the evenings, it takes almost 3 to 5 minutes to load the forum